Smelter's Wrath vs. adaptive damage

Adaptive damage normally gets converted to the damage type of the skill that’s being used. However, Smelter’s Wrath has two damage types, fire and physical.

1. Let’s say my weapon has +50 Melee Damage, to which damage type will the damage be converted? Both? :slight_smile:

PS: Now that I think about it, I have followup questions.

1. What about skills that get partially converted into another type, like Fireball that’s 50% Fire and 50% Lightning? If I have 50 Spell damage, does it get split into 25 fire and 25 lightning?

2. And what about skills that gain new damage type tags, like Forge Strike with Temper passive. Forge Strike has Physical tag and deals Physical damage, but with Temper it gains the Fire tag and deals Fire damage aswell. Which damage type does my +50 Melee Damage become in this case? :smiley:

Both, 50:50.

Yes.

It depends. If it’s a “simple” skill then the damage gets split (I’m sure you can see the theme here), but if it’s a complex skill where the tags only apply to certain parts of the skill (eg, Ele Nova or Tempest Strike) then it gets converted to whatever the element is for the relevant part of the skill.

1 Like