Skeleton Mage Skill Talent Blocking my 5th specialization slot

Hey LP players. I have a problem. I picked a bit of a weird build and I like it(even though I’m about to show why it’s really bad right now) I went into the talent that Mage’s sacrifice Wraiths and there’s one huge problem with it. They sacrifice them instantly. With that in mind now I can’t go into Wraiths for my 5th spec slot because nothing in that tree makes sense with my build even though thats my 5th ability and I can’t take it off or I waste a skill point. I’d have to respec in order to get a 5th passive which I don’t really want to do and use a totally different skill. It sucks pretty bad and I don’t want to respec because I like this build.

Worse yet the Skele Mages only cast the most basic form of sacrifice so I can’t even go into sacrifice as my 5th specialization either meaning I’d a use a whole new skill negating the talent or respec and I don’t want that. And that’s all I need to make the build work. There are good things I could actually use in Sacrifice skill tree if they could cast the version the player can cast. That would fix what’s wrong with the build without major changes. Don’t get me wrong I like this talent but I really think it needs to change because its blocking me from getting a 5th spec and hamstringing my build hard. I’m okay with running 4 spec skills since I’m not at max level yet but now it’s respec or don’t get a 5 spec slot. Its a bummer : /

Couldn’t you just not take the sacrifice node in Skelli Mages?

No I like this build and why is it in the game then if it hamstrings builds

But isnt that half the fun of an arpg? Trying to build up skills & figure out which ones work (and dont) work together? I have had similar skill match problems with plenty of builds and you either find a workaround or junk it and try something else…

:crazy_face:

It would be if I had never played one before… and I didn’t find this out until more than half way through the game

I can’t speak for the devs, but perhaps “it felt like a good idea at the time” & nobody’s complained about it not working well. They could also have changed how Wraith works since they implemented it.

How many Wraiths do you have at a time (ignoring your Skellie Mages killing them)? Perhaps “all” it needs is a cooldown to stop if from eating all your Wraiths.

I can summon plenty. Do you want to play the game without a 5th specialization???

I’ve never used that node so I don’t know how quickly the mages can sacrifice their way through a decent horde of Wraiths. Hence my comment about maybe they just need to add a cooldown.

the talent just needs a slight rework

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.