Sirens and Sailors Quest

When entering Strand of Storms for the quest Sirens and Sailors quest from Moonlit Shrine the quest didn’t change from the objective “Find the stranded crew” to the slay objectives until I was almost done with the zone, so the slay objectives didn’t complete until I exited zone and went back in.

Player.log (43.9 KB)

I’d like to add that on both my Spellblades (started one in 0.7.8 and one in 0.7.9) using Mana Strike and Shatter Strike, I had to run the area twice as a full clear did not have enough sirens and sailors to complete the quest. I’m almost certain my Primalist Druid did it in one full clear but that was a few weeks ago and my memory is fading fast.

Too many relogs since to send you a useful log.

Are there always enough sailors and sirens to complete the quest in one full clear?

And if so, is it possible that some kills are not being registered properly for some chars/skills?

Purely hypothetical - but something along the lines of “if mob dies from direct hit it counts, but if they die from a dot or a Mirror Image, then it doesn’t”.

i just done it on another char and it seems to me it will only change the objective when you get close to the waypoint and seems theres exactly the amount of sirens needed for the quest but if you play a range build you may kill a siren before you get close enough to waypoint for objective to change because the siren is between the entrance to the zone and the waypoint

That might explain it.

I started the area from Moonlit Shrine, via Coral Pools, not Lagon’s Isle.

So by the time I got to the waypoint to trigger the quest, I had already killed some on the way.

If that is the case … Devs - maybe start the quest when you enter the area, regardless of where you came from? Cheers.

1 Like

Have had the same issue with multiple characters. Also agree that the fix would be to trigger the next quest objective when entering the area from any direction/area.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.