Shuriken: Blade Shield+Pierce interaction

When you have the blade shield node, you throw shurikens and they hit enemies and disappear, as they should. So I took the pierce nodes so that they would hit the enemy and then not disappear and keep spinning, however even though they keep spinning they do not hit a specific target more than once, they just continue to phase through the enemy without damaging them.

What should happen: Shuriken pierces an enemy, spins around, hits them again, and so on until the duration of blade shield ends.
What actually happens: Shuriken pierces an enemy, spins around, and passes through them without dealing damage, and so on until the duration of blade shield ends.

If I move to a new enemy it will hit them just fine on the first hit and then not deal damage on subsequent “hits” as well, and if I then move back to the original enemy it will continue to pass through both them AND the second enemy I hit without dealing damage.

So it seems as though an enemy can only be hit by each individual shuriken once, regardless of whether or not it pierced them, which feels like a bug because there is literally no point in giving your shurikens piercing if they can only hit an enemy once anyway.

DxDiag.zip (17.9 KB)
Player.log (43.8 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (477 Bytes)

EDIT: VVCap Gif
A little clip of what I’m talking about, slowed down slightly so you can see the shurikens not hitting. There are a few 30ish damage hits from poison but the shurikens themselves are not actually hitting him.

Not a bug. The shuriken used to hit mobs repeatedly but that made stacking ailments ridiculously easy so it was changed to the current effect for balance reasons.

ah, well, that should probably be listed on either of the notables for clarity, maybe something simple on the pierce notable like “Pierced enemies cannot be struck twice by the same shuriken.” in parenthesized text when you alt+hover over it.

If I take the chakram node will THAT be able to hit the target repeatedly?

1 Like

No, that still hits once, just harder.

That is one of the more major bummers of my lifetime. Thanks for the reply though. Definitely think that should be stated more clearly on the skill. Respeccing skills is the only thing in this game that actually takes a meaningful amount of time to build back up and wasting skill points really feels bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.