Shift skill tree node bug... or am I not understanding something?

Hi
after the last update, in the skill tree of the shift ability, Velocity is reporting that the buffed damage is 40%, so because i have 4 points in this node, the skill is increasing 10% damage per point.
Reading the patch notes, this has been changed to 25% per point so it should give 100% increased damage… Or I’m missing something?

Here’s an image: https://imgur.com/a/ldgQCko

Thank you and keep up the good work, I’m loving this game! :smiley:

I think it’s 100% increased damage now, and not more. So it lost it’s “multiplier” effect. So it’s 100% added to your other sources of increased damage. If i’m right then it’s a nerf !

Let’s say you play physical melee and have : +200% increased melee damage and +200% increased physical damage.
Your physical melee skill would deal 400% increased damage. Dealing 100 phys would instead deal 500.
Now with this mode you increase your next skill damage by another 100%. So you’d get a total of : 100+200+200=500% increased damage. that would reasult in 600 damage dealt.
With the ancient version of the node : You’d get 200+200=400% of 100, so 500 multiplied then by 1.4 (40% more). You would have dealt 700 damage with your skill.

So basically it’s a nerf if you’re stacking a lot of increased damage sources. (mostly on gear and global effect)

1 Like

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:
Yeah, that may be a nerf but that was not really my point. My question was why is it showing Damage: +40% and not Increased Damage: +100%? Is it calculated in a different way or is it wrongly shown?

Added this to the bug report before. I think they just forgot to change the number.

Ah ok great! Thanks :slight_smile:

If it is really only a flat 100% ed now thats just added on your usual 600-1200+ ed most builds have today it are just wasted skillpoints now.

A minimal increase for a one use buff with cooldown.

Or is there any special calculation i miss?

No, you aren’t missing anything.

Its a huge nerf to Hail of Arrows, as you could go all in by - stacking Sharpshooter buff, picking up a Black Arrow, using Shift then using Hail for massive damage increase

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.