Shift - Shadowslip, Ignored Against Lagon's Ice Beam Sometimes

Hello!

As a lvl 76 baldedancer with shift specced into shadowslip, I was fighting Lagon in the lvl 75 Monolith zone quest and attempted to Shift through his slow-sweeping beam attack but was killed while passing through it.

Will reply here if I see more instances of it.

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Thanks for this post… The ShadowSlip should make you invulnerable while shifting and I know that it does for other bosses and normal /rare mobs… If its not working with Lagon then this is probably a bug that would need to be verified…

Playing devils advocate here… are you sure you dont have any existing damage/DoT active when you initiate the Shift? That could kill still you while you shift as I dont think the Invulnerability clears any ailments/Dot. Are you also sure that you are 100% clearing the beam and the ground you shift to is clear of any DoT?

I dont have a char that I can quickly test this (the joys of respecing and theorycrafting) with but you could go to Lagon in the normal campaign and see if you take damage from his beams without losing MoF levels /time… It probably will not kill you but you should be able to see if you take damage.

A video would be a good way to confirm it… if you are willing/able.

Lagon doesn’t apply ailments (apart from stun). Also playing devil’s advocate.

and here you go again… will have to give you a raise… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The waves do tho… Correct?

1 Like

I’ve never noticed.

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Good points all around, sorry I didn’t thoroughly confirm it before I posted. I can do some testing some night this week and let you know what I find. I’ll attach a video if I can replicate it.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay.

I went back and tested dodging through about 20 ice beams and I think I actually had two frustrating instances where I just barely clipped it at the beginning or end of the shadowslip. So I don’t think the skill is faulting specifically with Lagon’s beam, sorry about reporting that.

One interesting thing I did notice was: I do still see red damage numbers pop up, but they’re just 1’s and I don’t actually take any damage. You can see this at 1:10 ish of the linked video. Can’t tell if this is as intended.

Something I can’t tell if I’m crazy on, is once or twice I thought that when I used shadowslip I ended up having a frame or two where I start teleporting forward but was still vulnerable. You can see a potential example of this at 1:28.

Here should be a sharable link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Qz8HT7LmUmL7tUAjE3lAXcKitK5zNrO/view?usp=sharing

P.S. Sorry for the crappy recording. What do you guys use for screen capture for bug reports?

Dunno about everyone else, but OBS Studio + uploading to YouTube has worked fine for me.

I even have two subscribers now (despite the channel being literally only unlisted bug demonstration vids…presumably they are bots).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.