Not just that skill, but it is a very useful one.
Since the wording for Echo says “void spell,” I think it only applies to, well, void spells - abilities with those tags. So Echo might actually be limited only to VK abilities. Which stinks unless those are your big focus.
No, from memory it also echoes (echos?) Smite.
Yeah, I’ve made a few posts about how they could change Throwing Attacks to give them more support.
Now I’m tempted to retool my Pal (who was going Vengeance/block) or make another Pal (more likely) to try out a fire/ignite/bleed Shield Throw build (taking Molten Shield). That top tier Pal node (Light of Rahyeh) is +7% fire dmg per point. There’s Conviction at the very bottom for fire penetration. And I’d have the Pal Aura. I know endgame is mostly about survival, but all of those sound pretty convincing to me.
Yeah, I’ve got an ignite Shield Throw Paladin & there’s so much ignite chance you can get (plus bleed converted to ignite with Maehlin’s Hubris ) as well as the numerous uniques that support ignite.
I really don’t think it would, since the staff provides such a big chance to poison by itself.
All of that said, I have an on-going project, an ignite Shield Throw Paladin & it can/will be able to get a pretty high ignite chance (with Shield Throw converted to fire to make it a fire skill):
Helm - Calamity 150%
Body - no ignite chance but Prism Wraps for +% fire damage & reduced elemental damage taken
Gloves - Maehlin’s Hubris , no native ignite chance, but they convert all bleed chance to i…