Shield throw hits not applying ignites when rickocheting to the same target

I have 100% chance to ignite. From Shield throw skill tree I have mana cost/cooldown reduction, and Aegis to rickochet from allies, 2 additional rickochets in total, nothing else

• When I hit test dummy with Shield throw, 1 ignite is applied.
  • When I hit Manifest armor near test dummy, shield rickochets to the dummy then rickochetes back to armor. 1 ignite is applied from dummy hit.
  • When I hit test dummy with Manifest armor nearby, first hit on dummy applies 1 ignite, then shield rickochets to the armor, then back to target, but second hit on the target does not apply ignite. Hit damage is applied twice as expected.

Then I skill Eruption for Lava lake for additional ignites and repeat the tests:

• When I hit test dummy with Shield throw, 2 ignites are applied, 1 from shield and 1 from Lava burst.
  • When I hit Manifest armor near test dummy, 4 ignites are applied. 2 from Lava burst on armor, 1 form Lava burst on dummy and 1 from hit on dummy.
  • When I hit test dummy with Manifest armor nearby, also 4 ignites are applied, when I expect 5, because dummy is hit with Lava burst and shield twice, and once from Lava burst on dummy, 5 hits total. I assume ignite from second shield hit is not applied like in the first case. As a result I deal 20% less ignites on single target because of this bug.
2 Likes

this is also confused me.
when use some idols with proc smite on throwing hit, you will find sometimes once throw can proc 2 or more times smite due to the hits from ricochets
but if you replaced the idols with shred armor on throwing hit, the hits from ricochets will only apply as one hit rather than multiple hits

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.