Shield Rush Auto Bomber Updated | Build Guide | 0.8.4B

I see you are using a two handed staff. For this build, (I love void knights), I am re-inventing my level 66 void knight and I was looking for two handed staves. With the new crafting system, buying one is out of the question. The gambler and the merchant just have junk with low forging potential. I was buying Horned Staves but rare staves are full of bad affixes and getting rid of them uses up potential and trying to find a common one can cost way too much. I don’t have void items other than the Forgotten Knight set on my character that’s worth anything and that’s mostly melee. So I have two Runes of Ascendency and I see that at level 70 tunklab had a staff called Omnividence which is a unique void dealing staff that looks really nice. Lastepochtools has no mention of that item though. I googled it and it used to be in the game before I started playing. Was it taken out of the game by chance? If it wasn’t, can someone give me some usage advice on the Runes of Ascendency? For instance, does using one on a staff at level 70 get you a staff close to level 70 or is it completely random within the levels that you can use (ie 1 to 70), or is it completely random staves (ie levels 1 to 100)?

I left it purposely empty as I mention in the video because the rest of the points are obsolete and you can do as you wish with them

This staff is still in the game. It’s very rare
I believe you can get it from ascendancy but that’s very very rare bo matter which two hand staff your sacrificing better to hunt for it on the stolem.lance timeline

1 Like

better to hunt for it on the stolem.lance timeline

What makes it better to drop on Stolen Lance? Just the few random nodes that give a set/unique staff or sceptre?

Yes. Those help alot

Wow i actually tried the new currency that turns an item into a unique and got that staff was wondering if its an end game thingie. ill give it a shot !

As for the shield rush i figured so but i thought i should ask just in case ! Thanks alot!

–Edit @traifin it seems random cause i used my rune at like level 20 or so and i got that level 70 staff out of some random staff base.

The rune of ascendancy can give you any u ique that can drop from the world (not boss-specific drops) at any level based on the item type. Hence a lvl 1 staff could give you an omnividence.

very strange and very powerful )

So I got a third Rune of Ascendency after sleeping for a few hours tonight. (I worked on the truck a Lot today and was worn out) so I decided to try something. I went to the Gambler and purchased a Temple Staff (a level 70 staff). I’m not sure if it really makes a difference but I figured I would weigh things in my favor and YES! I got the Omnividence first try! with good stats! Over 211 spell void damage! and the rest is really nice too! It was well worth it! Thanks for the information folks.

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if there is a difference in damage if I have 200% void damage vs having 100 void damage and 100% spell damage? If we can mix them I would rather use spell damage so I can use the equipment on my other characters.

Thank you!

No, no difference if you’re using a void spell.

Is there a reason the loot filter filters for amulets with physical penetration, and nothing related to void damage? There were similar issues with the loot filter for the leveling build version of this guide, where amulets would filter for necrotic damage and hide void damage. Or one of the bladedancer guides I tried to follow where the filter hid all poison damage.

Is this just a result of you importing your character’s gear and then autogenerating the loot filter? Hopefully this doesn’t come off as super aggressive but it seems like a lot of care is lost and errors are made in order to churn out these huge daily build guides to be the first one out. Even this build guide has the word “primalist” in it from copy and pasting.

It’s just detrimental to new players who aren’t going to carefully comb through the loot filters, losing potentially valuable gear.

1 Like

The reason is that the build planner simply generates a loot filter based on the equipped gear and affixes in the planner. If the gear doesn’t have the right affixes then the filter is basically worthless.

As a returning player myself who has been following some of these builds and only realizing how bad the “auto” loot filters are after getting to a point where I was looking for more specific gear later on only to realize the filter had been hiding it all along.

Unfortunately boardman’s builds seem to be the biggest offender that I’ve come across, especially for the leveling builds because he is just uploading his character as he levels and giving a filter based on the gear that it has. I appreciate the guides and understand how time consuming they can be to create but it would go a long way if the planner you generated filters from was based on only the affixes needed for the build so that the filter works properly.

2 Likes

Hey @boardman21 ,

I’m fairly new and just got to level 44 and have been using one of your builds for the VK autobomber: 1 to 75 Sentinel To Voidknight Autobomber | Leveling Guide | Best Beginner Starter! | 0.8.3E

Is that guide still relevant for 0.8.4b? Also, I know you say to use a 2H staff and to switch to Anomaly at level 43 and drop Warpath, but I got lucky enough to find a Dreamthorn sword around level 34 or so and have been using it ever since, straight up demolishing everything. Should I stick with it and keep using Warpath, or should I still try and find a decent 2H staff around my level and drop Warpath for Anomaly?

If that guide I linked is no longer relevant, should I respec to the one in this thread? I just don’t want to lose a couple of hours worth of skill levels since I’m still kind of early in the game.

Thanks in advance.

I used that 0.8.3E guide a couple of days ago, worked just fine.
The lovely thing is that you can make tweaks like you’re suggesting and just respec it later.
As long as you pick the right class mastery I don’t think there’s anything you can do wrong that you can’t respec for free (skills start at a lower level if you change, but that’s it) or at a small-ish cost for passive points.
Whatever brings you to the level that you want to get to will do.

That said, I used Warpath for a while longer too, and I was able to smoothly transition as well at around 50ish where I felt like I wasn’t keeping up damage-wise with warpath.
Once I switched to the actual skills from the build, it really popped off and the speed was crazy, still loving the build.
So do keep that in mind, I’d personally try to get a good weapon by 50 so you can switch then or maybe earlier.

Hey guys,
transitioned to this monster when 0.8.4 hit and enjoying it alot!
Level 94 now and pretty strong. Even found me a sweet Omni.
Was wondering regarding the ravenous void - has anyone been able to find these gloves? I’ve been farming Ending The Storm for two days, focusing on finding the unique glove nodes and haven’t had any luck. I’m guessing it’s an extremely rare drop, but has anyone had any luch with this?

I’ve found that Dark Torrent in Devouring Orbs can only have 5 points instead of the 9 listed in this guide. I have 3 points left would you suggest putting them into Distant Satellite or Sightless Star? If neither of those where would you suggest?

How do you have so many balls around you?

I did a small variant of this Autobomber, I haven’t gone far with it yet (lv76) but I’m obliterating everything ahead. Abyssal Echoes with Smite made boss fights easier and the general gameplay more fun with one more click skill (autocast is too boring for me).

Build variant here.

I didn’t change the Idols from Boardman21’s base planner, just items, skills and passives. I think Omnividence and Siphon of Anguish (with high void leech and high increase leech) would work as well.

Should I create other topic for discuss this variant?

Welcome to the forums!

If you get some Cool down recovery (30% inside anomaly) and you get max eacho chance (40%) as well as take the extra duration nodes inside devouring orbs you will have 2-4 balls on average.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.