Shattering items consumes 2 shattering runes

Someone in game mentioned in chat about 2 shattering runes being consumed to shatter an item and was wondering if it’s always been like that? So I tested it myself and sure enough shattering an item consumes 2 shattering runes. I seriously doubt this is intended?

I just wanted to add that this behavior is not limited to shattering runes. I just witnessed the same behavior with a rune of removal. I removed 1 affix and it used 2 runes of removal.

edit Worth mentioning that talking with people in game it seems some people are able to reproduce this behavior but others can’t so it might not be 100% repeatable by everyone for whatever reason.

I’m playing offline and I thought this happened to me every time I switched to shattering after crafting an item, but I now think this is a display error.
Steps to reproduce :

• open the crafting window
  • clear all rune/shard selections
  • put an item into the crafting window
  • check your “Crafting Materials” with the button of the same name, it will say, for example, “12”
  • now select the Rune of Shattering
  • the number in the materials window will show “11”, but the number under the Rune will say “12”
  • shatter the item, the number in the materials window will go down be one, the number under the Rune will go down by two.
  • clear the Rune selection
  • number in the materials window goes up by one

In the end, only one Rune of Shattering was actually used, because the number displayed in the crafting window below the rune was too large by “1” to begin with.

Yes I’m aware of how the rune counts down once it’s “loaded” into the crafting window. I took the extra step of clearing that window first to see my actual total and comparing this to the inventory total (not in the forge crafting window) before using the rune. Then using one rune and doing the same thing again to view the new total. Even going by the inventory total it was going down by 2 not 1. I tested this multiple times.

That being said I tested it again later on and it went down by 1 so I’m a bit confused what is happening. Maybe the UI is just experiencing a glitch when it displays the number or maybe it’s actually using 2 some of the time but not all of the time. I really don’t know.