Shaman

Hi

Most people gonna try falconer or warlock. I want to try shaman but before chossing definetly my starter i need more information like the new passif tree and both gathering storm and tempest strike complete tree. When are you planning to release those information we are so close to release and we only have partial information about those please hurry up it is alao important , Do not focus only on new class.

Shaman definetly need some love and care.

Thank you

Mike has confirmed that there will be no information for the skill trees of tempest strike or gathering storm prelaunch.(When asked on discord)

Which is kinda bogus if you ask me since we get full access to the brand new classes trees… :confused:

The passive changes are listed in the patch notes, tldr its not much. The shape of the passive tree did not change, they just added very minor fluff stats to a few passives.

There are videos on youtube explaining the changes

Dammit updated LEtools with gathering storm tree so…

Yeah, this was after mike said we wouldnt get it.

I am just as confused as everyone else. :stuck_out_tongue:

But hey, Atleast we got it!

Last Epoch Build Planner already update Gathering Storm and Tempest Strike skill trees, I am not sure those info are accurate or not.

My concern is about the Tempest Strike Totem, I see a lot of skill nodes have descriptions like “When you cast”. Does it mean all these nodes do not work with Tempest Strike Totem? If so the choices for Tempest Strike Totem in the tree are actually very limited.

In general, “when you cast” includes when you summon the totem.
Pressing a skill button means casting it (directly). The Totem casting a damage ability is considered a Minion Cast

There even used to be a meme build around these type of effects using Town Portal to trigger all these “when you cast” effects and it was surprisingly decent.

Sorry but I am still confused. For example, “30% chance to cast Tornado when you cast Wind Tempest”.

I summon the Tempest Strike totem, the totem cast Wind Tempest. I assume it is not my cast anymore so this skill node will not work right?

Ok, so speculating here… Please test this on live before you grab the pitchforks & torches!

How it usually works is; you press Skill → This action grants you a 30% chance to cast sub-skill (usually without cooldown and with adjusted mana cost) e.g. If you cast Thorn Totem, the summon itself counts as your Physical skill, but not each Thorn shot by the totem (that’s a minion spell hit though)
But Tempest is a proc from the melee swing only, and Looming Gale removes that melee attack to cast a totem summon instead, so you are never really casting a Tempest, except maybe if you pick up Druid’s Call or similar.

It is possible that it works like Upheaval Totem, and they get all the skill modifiers, but considering the damage the Totem does already, I doubt that. Upheaval Totem has a large cost attached to it to compensate, Looming Gale does not.

If you’re going for this Totem conversion, it would mean you’re stuck with picking only the “Tempest Strike” modifying nodes, (which will still work, as you’re still actually pressing Tempest Strike) but you get 3 very strong totems in return.

Shaman is amazing. Sleeper class of the launch. I made a spriggin form thornes totem shaman with lightning totem and it’s the easiest leveling I’ve experienced in LE. Killed Lagon first try very quickly. I remember on other classes it taking like an hour lol.

I mean I am not a newbie, I actually already knew everything you explained. I just want to confirm which skill nodes work / don’t work with the Totem version. Because if you exclude all the skill nodes with “When you cast” wordings, the totem version seems like only have limited choices to build around because it is like half of the skill tree do not work with the Totem version which is sad to see.

I know you can make testing when the gams launch. But I am tired of making many different testing just to see which skill node is working (I did quite some testing on certain skills when playing Early Access). I love EHG but they really need to make their skill description clearer with some fixed and general terms so people will know what work and what don’t work especially when come to minion builds. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Wellllll the devs have confirmed for me in discord atleast that the one which grants the stacking buff on “tempest cast” at 30% rate, does work with tempest totems. They are casting tempests

This does not mean it works with the tornado node, however even if it does, it would have to attribute that tornado to the totem. cause if it does not, whats the point of summoning a minion which casts a spell for you that scales off your stats?

There is a whole lot of ifs.

And I wouldnt call the totems strong by a long shot, they are weak as heck because there is very little you can spec them to do, they cost an arm and a leg, removing tempests give you dud totems so if you wanna build around say the lightning totem, you need to cast two dud totems that cost like 15 mana everytime you wanna get your lightning tempest totem.

I think tempest strike looks fantastic from every angle but the totem support. The totem support is terrible and leaves much to be desired.

its a lot like upheaval totem tbh, upheaval totems feel very bad, and I think there is reason we see them only really used in meme applications and never really as a build of their own, they exist to automate casting upheaval on storm totem lol.

Ever since the planner has been updated ive been trying to figure out what to do with tempest totems, and I just dont see how they fit into a play rotation. They are too generic and extremely expensive with no extreme rewards to justify it. Heck even upheaval totem has the benefit at the very least of being able to buff itself and do a sorta weird build where you stack them on top of each other and get a very strong ramping damage. With the new minion affixes I can see them even popping off a bit. I really cant say the same of tempest totem.

I do plan to mess with them indepth once 1.0 goes live, but its lookin bleak as heck for these things.

This is because Thorn Totem and Storm Totem both are very strong even Storm Totem is buggy and the cold Blizzards path don’t synergize well. Not sure about 1.0 but Spriggan Thorn Totem has been the strongest totem build despite you go for hit damage or DoT. Both version are very powerful.

1 Like

Really want to try the shaman in LE but im a complete noob to the game, would sourcing a build from somewhere be better than building it from scratch at the start, any thoughs guys?
Thanks

this is what I used as a starter
A SUPER STRONG & SMOOTH starter for Last Epoch!! ft. @BinaQc (youtube.com)

Eh, maybe it’ll help someone else then.

By tooltip, the Totem variation is indeed very limited, it seems to mostly be for a “full totem” build only. The average 20% Cast Speed per point behind it already would indicate that it’s compensating for some lost options.

They do try to be consistent with wording, (although they do sometimes forget to add “directly”, like in case of the Warlock Overloads) so in general a “when you cast” won’t work on totems, but a “Tempest has a X% chance” would work on both you and the totem, but then needs to say your minion would use your tree.

same here

Screamheart is trying to translate his d4 stormclaw build here using the shaman class-- itson maxroll and youtube