Shaman passive bonuses

Why do 2 of the 3 passive only help one skill? The -5 mana one isn’t bad but not having the 50% elemental resists all the time seems like you’d be gimping yourself.

The other 2 masteries seems to have passives that help for either all their skills or at least multiple skills.

How much of a buff is 10 attunement? Is it still worth taking this mastery if you’re not going to use totems? I was going to try a lightning earthquake build . I think I can still get that skill if I go to one of the other masteries ?

I didn’t notice this until after I took shaman. Does this mean I have to start all over if I want to switch?

You do have to make a new character if you want a different mastery. Shaman is the least compelling/complete mastery in the game in my opinion. It supports totem playstyle, but the only totems worth using are the ones any primalist can use without being a shaman. So, more than any other mastery, it feels like it just exists for the other masteries to dip. The 2 skills exclusive to shaman are mutually exclusive build paths. 1 being an underpowered totem that only scales from minion damage, and the other being an underpowered spell that does not scale from minion damage. So whatever your build, shaman gets you 1 skill you wont use anyway.

1 Like

i think the beastmaster totem of frenzy is actually the best totem(not as a direct damage totem). for support atleast getting max cast speed and attack speed seems pretty good.

Shaman is just a real mess. I have an ice-vine build that “works”, but I feel forced into going into the druid tree for the free healing totem, spriggan, and spriggan form…

Shaman has no defensive synergy or skills outside of some armour on totem summon, and sky armour, druid gets the healing totem, and the spriggan pet, beastmaster gets healing novas…shaman just gets eterra’s blessing and nothing that synergies with it.

There’s no way to summon totems automatically that is specific to the shaman, and lightning totem has no synergy with anything except really upheaval.
The storm nodes are odd (adding lightning damage to cold or fire skills), or just feel weird (why would I want to run tempest strike and gathering storm on the same hotbar?)

It really feels like they have no idea what they want the shaman to be.

1 Like