Serious Rubber Band Lag today

Was pretty good yesterday.
anyone experience it?

3 Likes

Yes, it’s been terrible since launch. My characters constantly desync every time it teleports or jumps somewhere. I’m currently stuck at lagos because on phase 2 you get teleported to the center of the room and from there you are always not where you see yourself, you can tell by the normal attack that shows where the server thinks you are while the character shows somewhere else. I can’t beat him cause I avoid the mechanic but actually I didn’t because for the server I’m standing still.

1 Like

Uhm works fine for me no matter if solo or in a group. People I play with had no problems as well.

1 Like

Good for you! But for the rest of us who do get it, it sucks. My ping is showing around 40ms lag (US Central) but I am all over the place, especially in peak hours. I think the ping is incorrect, tbh. If I just sit there, it ping-pongs up to 400ms but during combat it shows 42-49ms.

Different server regions may have different problems. I think it may be a server load issue in US Central. I played in the early morning to see if there was a difference and it ran like hot butter until people mobbed the server at around 10 AM. It’s night now, and the problem was even worse at 8 PM.

I can stream buffered 4k no issue, and my rig is pretty good (Ryzen 9, RTX3070, 16 gigs high-speed RAM). I can pull whole maps offline in 1440p custom settings without dropping below 90-ish FPS. Becoming “rubber band man” has left me dead more than a few times, and I have been around since alpha. It’s frustrating, since I was planning on rushing monos this weekend.

But sure, dismiss actual problems occurring and muddy the waters so the devs put it at low priority. That really works well in beta, where it is basically meant to be a bug hunt. :expressionless:

1 Like

Hey you are the first to mention a server reagion good job. I play on eu west and have 0 issues no matter when I play. Still there are so little people complaining actualy so it might be a user problem rather then a server problem. No offence but So far I haven’t see much people talking about such issues.

1 Like

Was issue for me my WIFI not up to task. Switched to ethernet now getting 25 ms and no problems.

I also started rubber banding today, didn’t change anything in my setup but it’s very annoying.

1 Like

Again it would help if you tell your serverregion and at what times you encounter performence issues if they aren’t always there.

Ive had a few rubber banding…
Most of my issues seem like they revolve around loading. Load screens are very long now, and often I’ll load into a zone and im dead, waiting for a respawn especially boss arenas. I can’t imagine playing the game on hardcode considering my experience. I understand that they changed how everything loads and renders to increase FPS while actually playing. But you need to have more invulnerability when loading in.

I’ve had issues where I would alt tab (playing in windowed full screen) to click on my other monitor but still see the game on my main. Clicking back into the game it hangs for upwards of 15 20 seconds until I can move around again.

I’ve had issues where disintegrate and other abilities literally go over mobs on flat surfaces, and not hit them at all on different terrain heights. Ive been stuck in animations causing me to die. Not sure if all of this is performance related or just bugs.

Appreciate all the work that has gone into this patch and I am enjoying it. But its much buggier and isn’t performing as well as before, for me personally.

Yeah. Sorry if I came off salty.

It grinds my gears in general chat when Moxjet (the main dev) is there, and someone mentions rubber band lag. Twenty people jump on to say they do NOT have lag, and it must be a fluke, so high-fives for everybody–great job! However, those people could be playing in Australia…there are more Kangaroos than people there, and a Kangaroo can’t play LE (no thumbs, lol). EHG ain’t gonna get their feelings hurt when people report bugs and issues, so white knighting does more harm than good.

I just wake up at 3am to play when traffic is light. I have a smooth 3-6 hours on a good day before I have to go to work or the server rush starts…but seriously, as much as I love the game, early mornings are starting to wear on me.

2 Likes

I have had a few issues namely in Arena with lots of corpses, the game with lag like D3 where packets jam up, my Bone Golem has a perpetual Bone Nova on the screen and many dead bodies have empty HP bars

This happens and me bouncing around like crazy and not being able to act but seeing my HP bounce up and down until I complete the arena echo or I die, I can mitigate it by moving around the Arena a bit but if I stay in one corner its bad and once it starts you get caught in this lag wave

Also Dungeons are seemingly on another server? I tried to do T4 Julra last night and spectacular died twice to time switching to avoid her explosion and the game immediately sending me back killing me after hitting the button once, each area can take nearly a minute to load there

Other than that its usually just 56 ms constant

Have you toyec arround with the game settings? In the past some options killed my PC almost and it looked like having bad lags and rubberbanding and in the end it was the grass density taht made the game unplayable for me.

Rubber banding is a serious problem, and alot of people are reporting this in chat and elsewhere. Several times people has disbanded my group because of it. And it really need adressing. My EU west ping is 40, my in my experience it happens on all the servers with a wide variety of users. Sometimes you just have to wait, then the delay of the skills catch up. But in some maps its just unplayable

Yup been getting unplayable levels of rubberbanding on EUW for the last couple of days. Ping is allegedly 28. Been getting it on all maps at all times of the day, though it seems less severe (aka actually playable) in the late evening.

1 Like

I play on EUW and my rubberbanding started with divine era strand of storms. in all 3 first maps of that region I get rubberbanding after i had a few group fights where i need to w8 up to a min until all is caught up again. then it works for a bit after waiting some more and after a group or two ir begins with rubberbanding. had no issues until i got to this part of the game.

EDIT: it is now unplayable in all maps. it starts after 30 sec to a min. the rubberbanding began 13.3.23 at about 8pm MEZ.
I did not change anything on that day regarding software or hardware.

EDIT2: I don not use wifi.

Skippy the bush kangaroo after rubberbanding went and touched some grass.
Skip realizes his WIFI may be signal dropping or being interfered with by too many things to count being two thumbs short.
Skippy grabs his yellow ethernet cable and skillfully plugs it into his router and then into his PC.
Skip is one happy roo and has had no issues for 2 days.

There were no white knights and the devs read feedback daily.

1 Like

I get his point though. Dont report if everything works and let the people who actually have problems report it. Its annyoing, when Mox is ingame chat and people are reporting rubberbanding and then users are reporting they dont have the issue. Why reporting that they dont have a issue, imagine circle through all that non informative feedback.

Any rubberbanding today anyone?

So if people dont have a problem or found a fix say nothing then everyone would believe game is unplayable. Again the devs are aware of the issue. The game was unplayable for me due to rubberbanding but i found a way to fix it. It seems to me as much as it sucks to admit your WIFI is bad for the amount we pay for it if you dont go ethernet then it is what it is.

What are you on about? I have wired ethernet

They see on the player count how playable the game is, and with the testers.

Think i’ll leave the forums for others
Cant speak for multiplayer but solo working near perfect for me.