Serious Rubber Band Lag today

Skippy the Kangaroo lives in Australia. Skippy can use wifi if he wants because server loads are low. But Skippy is an elitist, so Skippy connects ethernet cables from the wall of his small, 1-room apartment because Skippy can’t afford a house.

Lesson: Some of us have houses and aren’t tearing into the walls to lay cable.

We are experiencing massive rubber banding at times. It’s does not originate from movement skills at all. The rubber banding is porting us back until the game does not know where the character is located and the game is unplayable. The latency indicator catches up in many minutes later of showing 29ms, then up to 8000ms.

EU west ping was showing 27ms. 9.41pm UK time.

Rubber banding
Skills not hitting enemies
Telported back to the start of the echo i was doing
couldnt pick items up

Just a general shit show in all honesty

Grouped topic about this: network-lag-issues-megathread

I’m having the same problem, its noticeably worse at different times of the day. I play on US West and first thing in the morning I have about 10-11ms. By noon its about 30 and the lag really kicks in. I get the odd stutter before that point but you basically go back two steps and don’t notice any issues. However once my MS is 30 it suddenly shuts down, I cast totems and they don’t appear, damage numbers still pop up, then suddenly you’re 30 steps backwards, and start up the warp drive to ping pong around the map for a bit before it finally just gives up the ghost.

I have messed with settings pulling them down. I can’t complete any timeline bosses, Oro, dungeons, etc… once it sets in because my movement is so out of sync with whats on the screen. I have also gone so far as to use my VPN to change regions and it doesn’t seem to matter. A full reboot to clear any memory issues (I wasn’t seeing any in my hardware tracking but rather safe than sorry), nothing fixes it. Once it starts I have to close the game and can’t play until the next day or I have to switch to offline and play a different character.

I am playing thorn totems, I don’t know if that matters, but maybe it does and maybe that will help the devs track down whats causing the issues.

I saw the patch notes about rubberbanding being fixed but this is certainly not my case.

EU with 15ms ping. Mere running forward and spamming teleport or any other movement skill causes rubberbanding 100% of the time. I play HC only so teleport is a must. Just lost a lv 52 because of this issue.

I am talking about solo play as online character. In a group, it’s even worse. Something is seriously wrong with the netcode.

US East, Ive played at different hours on every day, and the rubberband is relentless. Ive tried switching from Wifi to Hardline, Reinstalling the game on 2 different drives, turning settings all down, playing on single or multiplayer doesnt matter either. IT IS CONSISTENTLY DOING IT ALL THE TIME IM PLAYING. Within minutes or less of each other i get teleporting and desync. Ive tried streaming on twitch with streamer mode on and off both not changing anything and the desync is real. This is the only game i have issues with. My internet is new just got it last month, 700 down/700 up. Again no issues with other games. My friends that i play with constantly desync as well, on top of the probably known bug with load times being 10secs everytime we change areas. Campaign and echos for sure, dungeons actually we instant.

Apart from the list i stil have of bugs,

This is an amazing ARPG you have developed. I see it being one of the best barebones rdy to hit the ground running game in a while. Please take your time with this. Dont let getting TENCENT ruin this fucking experience of bliss in gaming that has been extinguished for some time now due to pay2win, shops, etc. Good luck.

Rubber band bug not fixed.
Julra swap zone bug not fixed.
why announce something that not fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.