September 2022 Development Update

Lol no matter where but there are always that kind of person cant take any critics.
Yeah i read it and barely see any gameplay change, MP is cool if thats well implemented and all but in those game its barely a thing anyway its kinda niche so.

I expected not much, i just started the game, and will do other stuff but i came here because POE sucks now and sick of GGG and their bad decisions over and over again, so yeah i came here to have some fun.

Wasnt expecting much but nothing is a bit too much.

Like you said, MP was a big thing, so if they add more regular content after this and not a few stuff ever half a year sure why not

This is great guys! Looking forward to the upcoming update!

I definitely recommend browsing through the old patches I mentioned in my previous posts, generally over the course of the entire 0.7.X patch cycles the patches becoem bigger and better up until 0.8.4.

I am almsot certain that they at least keep that amount of content per patch after MP is in a good and stable state.

I was just scrolling through twitter and thought oh probably got some small changes coming to leave the big stuff for 0.9.0. Honesty though so glad I read through this. The damage changes are insane and as soon as I read the headers I was excited. Game continues to prog towards an amazing full release. keep up the great work!

1 Like

Sorry for the miscommunication there, this is not the patch preview. This is just an update on some of the things we have been working on since the last development update. There are other things that are not listed here that will be included in the next patch.

More details to come with the patch preview closer to the patch itself and then full details with the patch notes.

20 Likes

It’s about time on the the throwing dmg update. Only been two years of asking.

Thanks for the clarification, i’ll look for it

I remember when Multiplayer was supposed to be released years ago :smiley:

Updates sound great. Can’t wait to test their impact on the game overall.

1 Like

Good stuff to hear and glad to see the game is being worked on. :smiley:

I am very exciting about melee change and new possibilities :heart_eyes:

These are great news :smiley:

With the technical foundation of MP in place, I look forward to see how the MP meta would take shape as well as how the devs intend to tackle the issue of item trading.

I love every word of this post, GO EHG! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Excited for all the new stuff incoming! New skill VFX looks great!

One of my complaints for a long time. Thank you!

All looking great and really, really enjoying the build up to 0.9. Well done, communication is excellent as always, and you’ve all always demonstrated the willingness to clarify if questions arise.

Such as, I’m not a numbers guy but more a ‘feel’ guy so forgive me if it’s not making sense in my head but concerning ailments. Poison has for a long time been the grand pooh bah of ailments. Do you anticipate these changes will begin to balance that out so other ailments start feeling less like the ‘second’ choice?

Pot meet kettle.

2 Likes

Great news. Keep the good work.
I believe we will get more news soon. I hope ;p

1 Like

Glad to see things are coming along well. The change to damage for melee and throwing etc. sounds really good. Also looking forward to the optimization improvements!

also, as a software developer myself… multiplayer is its own whole “thing”. it 100% makes sense that multiplayer would be the longest patch with the least other content–multiplayer stuff is as hard most of the other stuff put together! there’s just so much you have to consider and a lot of challenges to figure out.

3 Likes

super excited for the new VFX and the skill reworks. love the team and community :heart:

1 Like