Sentinel - Shield Rush

There is already mentioned that the Shield Rush’s node Mana Memory does not work as intended. It should restore Mana to the amount it had when it started at the End of Shield Rush and add a 10s Cooldown. But instead it restores Mana completely to 100% and does not add a 10s cooldown. Also it adds an additional charge symbol to the symbol in the action bar.

The next node The Rush Of Sacrifice should remove the cooldown and let you use life instead of mana. This node doesn’t work correctly either. It drains Mana and Health. Mana is also restored to 100% at the end. But this does noch work all the time. Sometimes after spamming Shieldrush mana does not get restored. So you end up loosing health and mana. On Top of it you can’t use Shield Rush when below 0 Mana. That’s obviously the case because it still uses Mana where it should not.

Both of these bugs were fixed in 0.7.6-- can you make sure you’re updated? Steam should update automatically, but if you’re using the Standalone make sure to start the game using launcher.exe. Running the game directly currently skips the update process. Thanks!

I’ve made a short video. As you can see the version is 0.7.6C.

You see me spamming Shield Rush what is possible because I skilled Mana Memory and The Rush of Sacrifice. If I wait between activating the skill everything is fine. But when I hammer the button sometimes the new rush begins before mana is restored. Sometimes the mana is restored completely after the next rush ends. But sometimes it happens that it is not restored.

After that you see me going into negative mana. As soon as mana is at 0 again the rush starts but leaving me with -46 negative mana instead of restoring.

There seems to be something wrong.

On top it seems I was mistaken on the mechanics of The Rush Of Sacrifice. It says “Shield Rush no longer has a cooldown, but costs health to use”. I asumed it would no longer cost mana, but only health. In reality it costs health on top of mana. Perhaps you could add in the description “… also costs health to use”

Edit: It still happens that Shield Rush restores full mana when cast at low mana.

Could you post your Shield Rush tree?

If I go straight to Mana Memory on a fresh tree, Shield Rush’s cooldown is set to 10 seconds. When I finish the charge, my mana is restored to what it was, not 100%. I do see the additional charge which may not be intended, or the tooltip is wrong. I’ll check.

I think Rush of Sacrifice is intended to additionally cost health, so that’s just a tooltip issue. I do see the issue where mana is sometimes not restored, but it’s never restored to 100% for me.

I couldn’t find anything in the patch notes about fixing the “restores to full mana” bug. But I tested this behaviour with the latest patch 0.7.7e.

The result is that the shielrush now does not accidently restore more mana as intended anymore. But it still is the opposite. When I spam shieldrush it sometimes does not restore mana. Every 3rd-5th time the spell misses one mana restoration. It only appears when I spam the skill like 2x per second. Casting 1x per second works fine.

Are you still on it?

I think that’s the behavior I was seeing when I tested it myself, so nothing’s changed. We track bug reports internally so this issue hasn’t been lost, just we have a limited amount of time to spend on bug fixing each patch.

Sorry for my impatience and thank you for the answer. :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.