Sentinel Retribution

Retribution (sentinel passive) is mention as “melee physical attack” but in his scale descrition is said that only scales with strenght and melee damage, so i assume if have %melee damage it will also increase his damage, but since its said it is a physical attack shouldnt also scale with %physical damage??

Also +melee fire damage for example should also increase his damage, but that actually works?? If does work having %increase fire damage would increase his damage and since it has fire damage if i had ignite chance on hit should applie ignite.

I have a idol that has a chance to proc manifest weapon on melee hit and Retribution should be able to proc it but until now i think that doesnt work, someone can explain me better about all this.

Hey…

Usually in LE, the skill tags indicate what will affect it… So Vengeance says Physical, Stength & Melee… ONLY affixes that affect those 3 will affect the Vengeance Skill.

Retribution tag says Physical and Melee & Stength so only those “should” affect it. If they are not, then this might be a bug…

I am not sure about the added fire damage - I have a forge guard I am leveling up with Retribution but I dont think it inherits anything other than Melee & Physical. Very hard to test this as you will have to get hit and see if Retribution procs and if there is any EXTRA damage.

Idols are tricky… Some of them only proc on your melee hit… not secondary procs - i.e. only your melee hits. Again this one will have to be tested to be sure but my suspicion is that the Retribution hit will not proc the idol because its not your “hit”. It may take a dev to confirm this one.

Ok… Did some more testing…

Retribtuion is definitely scaling with melee, stength and physical … I can confirm this by swapping gear and weapons to see what affixes change the tooltip Damage…

Still checking for fire…

EDIT: Ok…
I got a white sword and added Melee Fire Damage - checked the damage of Retribution and it went up.

I added Increased Fire Damage - checked the damage of Retribution and it went up.

So…

Added Melee Fire Damage does affect Retribution.
Increased Fire Damage does affect the added Fire Damage and this is increased Retribution.

Obviously the flat “Added” damage makes MUCH bigger impact than the “Increased” Damage,

Cant really think of a way to test the idol tho…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.