Sentinel Manifest Armor + Smite Build Guide

Is anyone playing this build in the multiplayer beta?

As I said above, I tried it in offline mode and it worked great. However I am having a dreadful experience in this February open beta. Basically my MA seems to have become mentally retarded with truly poor AI compared to the previous offline state.

Maybe I’m having bad RNG and not getting items dropped that I did in offline mode (for example, I’m now level 67 and still don’t have a single idol to auto smite). In the ENDING THE STORM monolith I am currently unable to kill Lagon, when in the offline mode I killed him with almost no complications. (I finally killed him with my char at level 70… a long time compared to before)

As they haven’t released patch notes, we don’t know if what happens is intentional or a bug.

Hello again

I’m going to make an update of my experience in this February multiplayer event.

Don’t be influenced by my pessimism yesterday, I was very unlucky with the drops.

Today the RNG has been favorable with the drops and I have finally reached empowered echoes. I’m level 81 and I have no problem completing echoes >100 corruption. The @TheCurse 's build is AWESOME

Only one thing keeps bothering me: I DON’T HAVE A SINGLE ADORNED IDOL with the chance to cast Smite. I suspect they had to nerf this, it’s not normal. I have the “mark of agony” blessing (% drop of adorned idols) and ZERO idols with the above mentioned affix.

Any news regarding that possible nerfing-removal of that particular idol from the game?

No, it’s just a phenomenally rare drop. It’s not been removed, it’s just always been exceptionally rare.

So I must have been extraordinarily lucky in my offline tests: I got about 10 in 3 days.

This build NEEDS those idols to be viable in >100 corruption

Yup, that’s how RNG works. The only reason I have 5 or so offline is because I bought them from vendors back in the day when that was possible. I’ve probably seen low single digits of them in the years since.

I’d recommend farming them in monoliths with idols as mono completion reward. I get one roughly every ~4-5 of those monos. I could be way off on my estimate. But I have around 20 of these idols in my stash and I have discarded way more than that over the months since they were added.

1 success out of 15 attempts. (At least we know they still exist in the game)… I just need 3 more :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

that’s a very nice one too for Pally DPS smite builds that run a shield :slight_smile:

From 0.9 patch notes

-Shield Throw

Manifest Inspiration node has adjusted functionality: If your Manifest Armor is hit by the shield, it performs a sweeping melee attack. This attack cannot be triggered when the shield has no ricochets remaining.

-Manifest Armor

Platemail grants 40% increased effect of stats from body armour (from 50%).

Iron Grasp grants 60% increased effect of stats from gloves (from 75%).

Steel Greaves grants 60% increased effect of stats from boots (from 75%).

Great Helm grants 60% increased effect of stats from helm (from 75%).

As the strength of this build lies mainly in bosses, where there will normally be no ricochets, I guess this build is still OP right?

The changes in manifest armor consist of a slight damage reduction as well, but I guess not very relevant to the overall performance of the build.

On maps maybe we will lose a little bit of trash clearing, but I think it will be negligible.

Do I understand this correctly or I really didn’t understand anything? :sweat_smile:

Yeah, it’s a slight neef to the amount of stats it gets from the item slots and as long as you target the MA the change to the Manifest Inspiration node won’t apply (unless it coyld ricochet back to the MA on a single throw after already hitting ot and proccing the AoE).

Do you think you’ll make changes to this build given the release of the patch notes?

Yea the build is getting hit by a bunch of small nerfs to MA, Holy Aura attack speed, shield throw ricochet, and volatile reversal CD. But the dps was OP for this build so I think it just got nerfed from OP to Strong. It will still be a great build to start the season with. I’ll check how long a Julra kill takes after the patch.

1 Like

Any longer than 10 seconds and set fire to the guide. Obviously.

:wink:

1 Like

Obviously. We demand top performance out of our builds. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.