Sentinel( Forge Guard) Crushing Blow

Crushing Blow doesn’t add damage to Hammer Throw. Before putting a point in Crushing Blow, I see my Hammer Throw DPS at 1396. After putting a point in, it still shows my DPS at 1396. Testing with actual hits confirms.

If it matters, I do have Mana Starved Forging, which reduces Hammer Throw’s mana cost to 0 when I’m out of mana. Normally, Hammer Throw costs 15 mana, and so I’d expect 0.5% x 15 = 7.5% increased damage for Hammer Throw.

Also, the [alt] more information for Crushing Blow has a paragraph that only mentions melee and not throwing, making me suspect throwing was added on later but not implemented.

Hi there, Welcome to the forums…

There are possibly a few things at play here…

1. Are you getting the DPS from the tooltip or from testing against a dummy? Reason I ask is that tooltips dont always make correct calculations - especially on conditional damage changes like the Crushing Blow… Its better to actually use the skill on a dummy and compare the differences in values of the hits that popup.

2. The game has a variance of about 20% up or down (exact % is unknown but the devs were willing to confirm 20% ish) in damage calculations - i.e. if a hit calc says its going to do 10 damage per hit (ignoring other things), the game variance can be as low as 8 or high as 12… This usually means that a small increase in damage may actually not be noticable… ie… you may need to put all all 6 point into the node to be sure if its working or not…

I have used this particular node with other throwing skills so I am fairly confident that it does work with throwing attacks… that said, its always possible that some interaction is causing an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.