Sentinel Dual Wield Aurealis Electrify

Hey all I got really lucky and got two Aurealis swords to drop for me recently, if I duel wield them I get a near-100% chance to electrify on melee hit, I was looking at making a sentinel that uses two of them with multistrike and smite as stated on the sword. However sentinel even on paladin doesn’t have very many increases to lightning damage or generic damage over time nodes on the tree.
I know smite which is cast on hit vs bosses has a chance to electrify as well, so I expect the single target to be really good.
I guess the way you scale the build is just with elemental damage over time or % lightning damage on accessories, and stacking melee attack speed as much as possible on stuff like idols and your gloves. Even with the unique weapons out of the way I think that since you can only really get your damage stats on relic, rings, amulet, and gloves, (and maybe belt?) those slots become extremely important and you really need to find good exalted items to go into these slots for the build to function.
With the lack of lightning damage and DoT nodes on the sentinel’s trees it makes me think this build would be really expensive to make and even then, I’m not sure how you would scale defenses since you would be dual wielding. It seems really interesting playstyle similar to cast on crit from Path of Exile but the fact that it is dot-based makes the build just
seem undersupported on sentinel. Maybe I’m just thinking of building around this wrong? Does the node on smite that converts its ignite chance to electrify chance convert ALL ignite chance to electrify or just the ignite chance on the smite tree? If it converts all ignite chance all of a sudden holy aura gets a lot better. The paladin tree still kind of sucks because its ignite chance nodes are only on melee hit. But even then, that only really helps the single target since our clear skill is going to be multistrike. Maybe the play is to get the node that replaces the swords with smite but that seems really rough on mana. Does the bladed focus node just essentially give infinite mana? Or can you use put spell damage and minus mana cost on a ring and just be make smite 0 mana that way? If we do that, the spell damage is essentially a wasted stat because it doesn’t help scale electrify in any way. Idk I want this build to be good but it seems like its just on the wrong class.

Yes it says so in the description - ALL sources for smite.

You can’t get it on rings, only scepters/wands so will have to dw with aurelis in offhand.

There is some sentinel passive to get mana on use for multistrike

I’ve done this before. Clear speed was really painful. Also, the monolith echoes with patrols were AWFUL. Patrolling mobs weren’t rare or boss and had a huge health bonus. It takes an extremely long time doing those echoes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.