Scaling of power

Skills used to be connected with power. Level 1 skill did 1 damage as a base, Level 5 skill might have 7 damage as base, level 10 skill my have 15 damage as base, level 20 skill might have 40 damage as base. Increasing level of a skill, meant more damage behind it, by a solid amount. Now increase a skill from 20 to 21 for example, might add “20% chance to ignite on hit.” That makes increasing skill levels less meaningful by a huge portion. If everyone wanted increased in skill levels to skills, and increased to skill levels was rare and simple (instead of having 200 specific skills, each one increasing the level of said skill by 1 point, and each 1 point increasing the power of the skill by 0-1%)… instead skills should be type (physical, cold, etc) skills increased by 1. And skill increases greatly increases in damage with each point placed in it. Yes, keep the tree, but add increasing flat damage bonus to each skill level up. Also, make uniques more desirable by everyone, by increasing damage type instead of specific skills, like swipe. Almost every legendary that drops is only good for 1 specific build. It should be that most uniques are good for most builds, with some uniques be build-defining, like necrolord helm or DA dagger. Right now there is not a single amulet I’m like “I have to have it”. Instead I’m like, hmm, I don’t think any of them will help my build particularly. That’s depressing. I like hunting for uniques, and not just looking at a list of stats that happened to roll on a purple. Further, I can’t even use a loot filter to show me good rolls on items. It can show items, but not the quality of the roll on them. Fix all these things, to greatly improve the game, and make people want to stay playing weeks and months on end.