Saving on windows registry

Did a clean install of Windows, and lost 3/4 of my characters and progression. Lost about 100 hours of game play because of where your game is saved. I wont play this game again until u actually save our game files on your end. Extremely upset that a game i like ruined the experience for me because you havent moved the save files.

I thought the characters were saved in the “saves” folder in the Eleventh Hour Games folder.
Is that not the case?

I have been backing up that folder after every game session so as to avoid character loss.
Do I have to do a registry backup as well now?

What if we play through Steam, are our characters saved on Steams end?

I use this (is not mine) all the time, just saves nerves:
LastEpochSaveProgram.zip (306.3 KB)

Didnt know this was a thing. Its too late now, ive lost everything i wanted to play. Just wait til the next patch and then consider it.

You can take some of my samegames if you like, maybe an older version. I save since 26.08.2020. :slight_smile:

is somewhere the source/ initial thread available for this program?

Ty so much for the offer, but im taking a break. Cant get past the builds i made and losing them.

@wast3d
Just looked for links on my computer to the SaveProgram, unfortunately none more there, sorry.

@Dizadru
Just as you like, all is well.

EDIT @wast3d
There it is: Save Exporter / Importer Program

1 Like

I would be very careful. This is a grey zone in terms of ToS in the best case and against the ToS in worst case.

@Dizadru I am curious, did you try to back up anything? Or just the wrong thing?

Thank you.
→ If this should really be the case, I hereby withdraw my offer. :sunglasses:

It was a full wipe, didnt have anything backed up at all.

Ah ok, that is unfornate.

As far as i am concerned, the local saves are in “C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves” for Windows OS

Steam also does cloud saves in the respective directory.

I can understand your frutration, but this is still an offline game.
All of this locally saved files will (most likely) stay this way.
I don’t know if EHG plans to ad any online saves feature for Offline chars.

But once server authenticated online mode comes into play, those online characters will be saved server-sided.

This is the folder that I have been copying after every session, I started doing this after reading about players that had lost everything after a crash.

2 Likes

That is the correct folder, I bought a new PC a few months ago and backed up that folder to make sure I had them. It worked fine when I copied my folder back over after the new PC was set up.
I had also checked Steam to make sure my folders were synced up.

WHat does it save or do exactly?
I tried it and it created a registry file, but no backup of my save files. Does it recreate all files if restoring?

Yes, seems like.

Have you tried the “Import” button?
→ We have tested the “Import-button” once on a second computer and second Steam account. All my characters were available there as well. Have then but gradually deleted my chars there again. Was only offline anyway.

The whole procedure was for me basically the sign that the process works well enough.

For further information you would have to ask Zaphiel, the creator of the small program. Or alternatively someone who knows a lot more about programming. I am the wrong guy for that.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

Hello @Zaphiel .
Is this how your program works? It recreates the files? So I could in theory Export, then delete all my files, then Import and all the files will be in place?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.