S Tier Ranged Vine Thorns Spriggan | Build Guide | 0.8.3E

sorry even you cant know :stuck_out_tongue:

But you want to, you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to.

1 Like

Just try a little tenderness :wink:

You remember speaking to me right?

yeah I do. why I should say spank me harder!

1 Like

Yeah if they cap the number of vines then the build is dead unfortunately. I doubt the totem mana mechanic will survive either if theyā€™re changing the resource. Iā€™d like to think a summon vines build is something primalist is known for and they wonā€™t try and break completely but that really isnā€™t true.

Really missed my Spriggan after the last nerf, this really brings it back and makes it crazy fun again. I will take for however long it lasts lol. Thanks BM21 :+1:ā€¦and Tsunamik, the extra pets are really a cool addition.

1 Like

Iā€™m only a pretty superficial player so my input is always going to be dubious, but heck, this build is borderline broken. From what has been said in the previous posts it will all change so this is fine.

But I picked a lowbie Primalist I had languishing and leveled with Serpent Strike until I got Spriggan form. I was slow but doable by throwing two thorn totems to get agro and do some damage and then whack the mobs with Serpent Strike. SS carried the build.

The second I got access to Spriggan Form I respecced. It was a large improvement. I was mana sustainable right away with the basic 5 points I got from the respec and the damage was a leap from what I was doing despite only having the melee vines.

After doing the minimum for mana sustain I went straight away to unlock the ranged attack for the vinesā€¦ and this where the broken part comes in. The build just becomes nuts after this.

Despite being a newbie Iā€™ve leveled several characters from Warpathers to mages doing Disintegrate and minions and wraithsā€¦ and nothing was as nutty as this.

No gear other than some random crap I picked off the ground, mana sustainable. The mana sustain also does damage. And it also heals. I donā€™t know what are potions anymore.

Chefā€™s kiss is realizing as long as I see a pixel on the other end of the screen (even when the camera zooms out because we are on a rise) the vines appear to have infinite range.

But wait, the vines are minions so mobs ignore me to hit the vines. The ones who survive because they tend to die in the initial burst.

In my previous posts Iā€™ve mentioned how I skip tanky mobs because they take too long to kill and I was not even sure that the XP reflected that. But there are no tanky mobs against this! Iā€™m killing the story bosses in seconds! My Warpather is crying remembering the part we fight two bosses before confronting the Emperor and this build just went whack whack whack, NEXT!

So to sum it: opens at level 30-ish. Is immediately sustainable to be 100% in Spriggan form. Pretty damn strong. Pretty damn tanky because we generate 20+ physical entities that body body and get agro. Extra more tanky because the mana sustain also heals us, and heals the vines. Extra extra tanky because we can nearly off screen mobs due to apparently infinite range in vines.

As an aside and not knowing what to pick since itā€™s a three skill build I took the Spriggan minion and specced it into vines (zero idea if this is good or not, I just went with the theme) and the pet too heals me with its aura, is healed by the totems, and Iā€™m speccing it into giving me 80% damage from its aura. Iā€™ll probably take out the vines and spec into armor and life so it survives and just wanders around adding -more- healing and +damage from the aura.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a shaman but got an lv89 EQ druid sitting there doing nothing. So I tried your druid setup. Man, it was impressive. Havenā€™t died once in Empower content and walk in a park with everything. With Summon Spriggan and the healing totem, we become so tanky even with my mediocre gears (with only about 2.2K HP, no honour shield yet). Interesting to see how this build going to change with the rage setup and all. Kudo to you and BM21!

1 Like

Hey man, glad you like it :blush: I love how tanky that druid variant feels, which is much more important for me as I get horrible fps drops on my old shitty pc and need a build that can take beating :joy:

Really curious if it survives new patch, but so far I am hopeful. Makes me wonder if our vines generate enough rage or if we will need to lose healing totems for fury totems (which is quite bad loss imo).

1 Like

Looks like build is broken by roots being limited to one thorn with the new update.

The build will most certainly be different, but i have no idea what you mean by roots being limited by one thorn

[/quote]

Huntersbane right from the reveal.

Edit. oh I see I meant vines not roots

The Vines Currently do melee attacks. Same as it looks like they will there.
Currently you can make vines shoot thorns, just like that node there does, Only in patch 8.4 its going to use nodes that affect spirit thorn in the spriggan form skill tree which means the build should actually be BETTER. (this build is melee its not using thorns at all, but thorns using a skill tree would be even better i assume)
Also, the limit of 1 projectile is because spirit thorns (a new skill coming in 8.4) can fire more than 1 projectile. if all your vines fired multiple thorns that would be way to OP.

Overall I only see those nodes as BUFFS to this build, not nerfing or breaking it. But until we play it who really knows

Spirit Thorns isnā€™t going to have a full skill tree, itā€™s one of the Spriggan form skills.

Ill edit that part that it is affected by nodes that affect spirit thorns inside spriggan form skill tree

1 Like

Hey all, Iā€™m building this guy now and I had a question on mana: I currently have 1 point in totemic wisdom and 2 in memories of eterra. I almost never run out of mana in spriggan form. Is there really a need to waste 5 more points in these later?

do you have the new passive tree ready for the druid? I am not sure on some of the passives.

Is the build still considered S tier with the passive changes?

This build is no longer viableā€¦
The druid rework of patch 0.8.4 changed spriggan form skilltree.

1 Like