Russian localization need to fix

Greetings! You probably know that the Russian localization was unsuccessful, at least in terms of the font used, violation of the rules of the language and translation of the game mechanics. There are several suggestions for improving localization (attached as separate files in the archive), all edits were marked with a “>” sign and highlighted in color:

1. Using the example of “file1”, you can see a syntax error expressed in the spelling of capital letters in words. Here you can clearly see the problem of the font used and often small text;
  2. Using the example of “file2”, you can see that localization is not complete in some places;
  3. Using the example of “file3”, I collected the most significant errors in the translation of game mechanics and affixes contained on each created Excel sheet
    file1.zip (3.9 MB)
    file1-1.zip (3.5 MB)
    file2.zip (1.6 MB)
    file3.zip (4.2 MB)
    file3-1.zip (676.6 KB)
69 Likes

Yeah, apparently a lot of the other localisations leave quite a bit to be desired. Most people upload images to things like imgur.com & link those rather than uploading a zip file which everyone else has to then download & could be filled with god knows what.

Like!

1 Like

like!

like!

I could pitch in to help out as well.

Like!

Like!!!

About capital letters in words. This is because the original fonts from the English locale (like Cinzel) contain small capital letters instead of lowercase ones, so there is no problem with that. The font used in Russian locale (I believe it’s Forum or something) doesn’t have small capitals, so all names are written in lowercase letters.

Еще можно добавить “Void” = “Бездна” (not “Пустота”)

Same font here and it is clearly seen that first word is written with capital letter while the lower phrase with lower case latter. No logic

I think you misunderstood my post. As you can see the font used in English localization is different from RU locale font. I think it’s some custom made designed specifically for the game. Lowercase letters looks capitalized here. But RU localization is using a Forum font instead. So it wouldn’t be a problem if RU localization used the cyrillic version of the original font (and it would also be more eyepleasing).
After all, I don’t know why the developers (not only EHG) keep replacing fonts in RU localizations. I don’t think it’s so hard to make a cyrillic version of original fonts. It took me about 30 minutes to make it by myself.

Спойлер

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.