Runebolt off Frost Wall

So I have this passive ‘Wall of Glyptic Art’ which shoots Runebolts from my Frost Wall.

What I don’t get is its synergy with Runebolt’s passive tree. I have an Arcane Overcharge and it totally works, my Wall is shooting all 3 projectiles. Strange things start to happen when I want to spec into Runic Evocation or Supercharged Bolt.
Runic Evocation actually do grant it’s cone modification to Runebolt, so it shoots in cone from my Wall perfectly. But there’s also the Auto Target part of a passive which works kinda weird. Runebolts firing only when there are any enemies nearby and it’s really trying to hit any. Not sure if this is supposed behaviour.
As for Supercharged Bolt it’s just not working. I don’t get +2 extra projectiles at all, it still shoots only 3.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Supercharged bolt requires standing in a glyph of dominion. You’re not casting runebolt, the wall is, so that’s likely the issue. I assume you’ve tried it while you are standing in the glyph and while the wall is in the glyph and both? If not try all the options see how it goes. If so, well, walls likely don’t qualify as “standing” in the glyph even if conceptually walls stand or fall.

1 Like

You are absolutely right. That passive doesn’t require direct casting though.

I just tried to stand in a glyph and it gives me +2 bonus bolts.
I was greatly confused by this line in Supercharged’ description: “the amount of projectiles are doubled while standing in a Glyph of Dominion”. I thought I’d get (1 base +2 from Arcane Overcharge +2 from Supercharged Bolt) x2 for a total of 10. while standing in a glyph. But actually Supercharged Bolt just doubles whole Arcane Overcharge, while you are under the effect of Glyph, both by chance and that +2 extra projectiles, which makes a total of just 5 bolts from Frost Wall.

I should read descriptions more thoroughly next time. Thank you!

1 Like