Rune of Shattering on "+1 to skill" affixes not working

I attempted to use a Rune of Shattering on an item with a Tier 4 Level of Avalanche prefix and three generic affixes. The Forge panel, when socketed with the item and a Rune of Shattering, showed glowing paths to three of the affixes, including the Level of Avalanche prefix. When I hit the Craft button, I received shards for two of the generic affixes, but did not receive a single Primalist Level of Avalanche shard.

This happened with another +1 to skill affix previously, but I assumed at the time that class-specific shards just could not be created with Rune of Shattering (even though I made sure the glowing paths appeared in the Forge). If this is intended, there is absolutely no indication of it.

The shards you get are completely RNG, you are only guaranteed to get at least 1 shard, you aren’t guaranteed to get a shard of a particular affix.

While I think it should be weighted towards getting shards from the rarer affixes, that is a suggestion not a bug.

As long as you got at least 1 shard, it’s working as intended.

Okay. Assuming this is true, the in-game description should probably be changed then, since it says: “The number of Shards created is random for each affix, equal to the tier of the affix at maximum and 1 at minimum.” That is crystal clear that each affix has separate odds with a 1-shard minimum.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.