Rune of Removal or Cleansing a Purple

I know that T6 and T7 are not craftable. I know that you can add affixes to a T6 or T7 item to help make it what you want.

My question is, what do you do if you get a purple piece of gear that has affixes on it that you do not want?

We all know that T6 or T7 usually only have 1 or 2 purple affixes, leaving up to 3 affixes that you may or may not want to use.

I am new to end game to the most part. I am in the end game, just starting out though. I have a few purple that are really nice but as you can guess that have some affixes on them that just don’t match my needs. They are all 4 affix items so I can’t just add new affixes to them.

I know that Rune of Removal removes a random affix and Cleansing removes them All.

Is there a way to “safely” use a rune on a purple item to remove unwanted affixes to remove unwanted affixes and keep the T6 or T7?

Can you use a Rune of Shattering on a Purple and (I know you can’t “build” a T6 or T7 affix) it simply put a while single T6 or T7 affix into your forge bank?

Getting purple items rocks but when 3 of the 4 affixes are lets face it, worthless when they don’t match the use of the other affix, it kinda sucks.

The same thing I do with any other item that has too many bad affixes to be worth trying to craft with - Leave it on the ground.

Throw on a Glyph of the Guardian and toss runes of removal at it. What else are you going to use them for? You get lucky, or you remove the exalted affix and throw it right back on the ground.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

No, there is not. Each affix has an equivalent chance to be removed

Yes you can

Thanks Washa3. Since writing this, I have, for the first time, gotten to the second Monolith, and at this point gotten quite a few purple items. Some of them, four helms in particular were just plain trash but using a Rune of Shattering to get a possible T6 or T7 might be worth it in the long run. Thanks.

I may be misreading your posts, but I get the impression that you think it’s possible to get a shard that will give you a tier 6 or 7 mod on another item when you shatter an exalted item.

I don’t believe that this is the case. You simply have a chance to get up to 6 or 7 shards just like any other that drops normally. Even with shards from an exalted item you still cannot craft above tier 5.

Ahhhh Okay. That does make more sense. Thank you.

Lies. If it’s got a T6 or T7 affix on it 99% chance to remove that affix xD

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.