Rune of Ascendance level restricted? Forging potential?

Just wondering if the unique/set you get when using the rune is level restricted based off what you used. Example: If I use a lv 50 sword, can I only receive lv 50 and below sets/uniques? Also, is it possible to get uniques with forging potential, and is the likelihood the same as finding them in the wild? Didn’t want to use my few runes that I own to test these things. Thanks!

The unique outcome is completely random so if you use level 50 sword you could get level 6 or 75 sword out of it.

Uniques rolled with rune of ascendance can have legendary power

2 Likes

Runes of Ascendance just became far more valuable to me… :wink:

cool, thanks for answering! Do you know if the likelihood for potential is the same?

Another question I just thought of: Can you get boss drop-restricted uniques from using the runes?

No, the rune forces a unique to drop from the pool that can drop of the appropriate item type (1h sword, etc).

Ok, so only ones that can drop from mobs? Also, is it equal likelihood for each unique/set to drop? Example: if there are 5 uniques/sets in the pool for that item type, would each have 20%? Or does it also factor in the rarity already in the game? Thanks.

Uniques you get from rune of ascendance are weighted so it does factor in rarity.

Rune of ascendance is very good for finding unique types that has low unique pool such as daggers, spears, 2 handed axes etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.