Rubberbanding

Why is rubberbanding still normal for so many players this long after launch? Its driving me crazy! I would be more than happy to play offline but we can’t use our cosmetics we bought with real money in offline for some pointless reason. I have a 42ms latency and very solid and fast internet. I have no problems like this in any game other than Last Epoch. I also see how many players have the same constant issue. I see its been a huge complaint since well before launch. So why hasn’t it been fixed? This tells me I certainly shouldn’t spend money on anything else 11th Hour Games produces. If they can’t solve the issue of heavy server load then i have zero confidence. Am I wrong here? Am I alone on this? I’ve almost decided to shelve the game and just move on.

I personally had the same problem only just after the 0.9 patch and only while playing in a party, then it got fixed for me.

Do those players have the same ISP as you? Identifying, what is common can be useful. Do you have similar problems in other games?

Please attach your game log, that can help solving your problem, I suppose

Apparently not:

Its absolutely not on my end or my isp. Its server side and not client side. My isp is Spectrum. If it was my isp, millions would be having problems. I dislike Spectrum bit this isn’t on them. I see people complaining in game about it all the time. I left the game for a couple of months hoping it would be fixed bu the time i came back. No such luck though. I have also played the game on other computers with different isp’s and its the same no matter where I play. It doesn’t make the game unplayable. Its just extremely annoying. Not something that should be so prevalent in a game this big.

I personally don’t have that problem. I do have issues where the screen gets “stuck” sometimes for a second when there’s too much going on.

Mike said in his stream this friday that performance should be greatly enhanced with 1.1. Lots of code changes as well other stuff that should make it much better.
Maybe play offline until then?

Does the rubber-banding occur everywhere, or just in specific situations? For me it only occurs when using ‘traversal’ (fast evade) skills after playing for a few hours - it’s so consistent and repeatable in the rubber-banding (~0.5 to 1 sec skip backwards to the location of the one-shot mechanic/mob I had been trying to avoid :frowning: ) that it feels far more like a bug than latency (on 28 ms server connection). I was also disappointed to find coming back this week after a long gap that it was not fixed, because it broke my struggling Sorc build.

On the bright side, I’ve been able to redo my build using ‘Flame Rush’ instead of ‘Teleport’ or ‘Focus’ (with teleport node), which has been a much less buggy evade skill so far. So I am at least able to continue playing. I do hope the next season’s patch manages to fix most of the build-breaking bugs (and that they haven’t been too overwhelmed with all the bugs submissions - I’ve done my fair share of testing and submitting bug reports, as I’m sure many others have too).

Why I moved entirely to offline. Online is in an unplayable state. I recommend it. Just do the unthinkable… copy your online save and post it into your offline folder, I been told it works. I did not know about it, until I redid my work offline. But people in offline chat explained how to do it. That or use a mod and just edit your save file.

Happy hunting

1 Like

I play online all the time and it works just fine. It’s not a universal issue.

It doesn’t. You don’t have access to your online save.

What you can do is get a save editor and change the offline character until it’s similar to your online one.

You have apparently been told a lot of things that are demonstrably crap if you’ve been paying attention.

It absolutely is on your end … I do not have any rubber banding. I have been playing online daily for months.

Truth be told, it doesn’t have to be on his end. It could be a different server that had issues, it could be the route his ISP takes to get to the server, or the distance to the data center, etc.
All we can know for sure is that it’s not a universal issue since many people manage to play just fine.

The most useful thing to do in these situations is to use the in-game report tool because it gathers data from the game state and that can be more useful to the devs in pinpointing the issue and eventually solving it.

Ya, I could have used less severe wording … But I was just copying how SoloHobo stated “It is absolutely not on my end” … I thought this was kind of a funny way for them to word it, it’s not “absolute” as to whether it’s that person’s ‘end’ or server-side … It’s certainly not a universal issue as you said.

2 Likes

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

1 Like

Mathematicians too.

1 Like

Surely only until a better mathematician comes along?

More likely until Mathematics stop dealing with abstacts. Oh wait, that already exists, it’s applied mathematics and it doesn’t deal in absolutes :stuck_out_tongue:

Come to think of it, lots of philosophers also deal in absolutes. Also for the same reason, because they deal with the abstract.

Same with the Sith.

1 Like