Rubber-banding when FPS limit set below 30 FPS

Hello, I haven’t played the game in a while, came back a few days before release and experienced an issue that carried on after release, but I seem to have solved it.

The issue is, regular rubber-banding, every few seconds. Frequency isn’t stable, sometimes I get teleported a centimeter backward twice or thrice in a row, sometimes it doesn’t happen for like 10-15 seconds. The issue was only happening online, not offline. I haven’t tested in the true offline mode that came with 1.0 though.

I was expecting it to go away with the new 1.0 servers but nope. I thought maybe it’s my connection, so I switched to my 4G which is much faster and much more stable than my wifi, but nope. I finally decided to play with the settings and found one that made a difference.

I had FPS limit set at 25 (because old bad computer). Removing the limit fixed the problem (and I can play with high FPS now thanks to the performance improvements so no more issue for me). I tried setting the limit at 15, 17, 20, 23, 25, 28, 30, 35, and 60 FPS. The issue only appeared with a limit below 30 (30 not included). With a limit below 30, I just had to run around for a few seconds for rubber-banding to show up.

I set other settings I touched back to their values and did the same test again, only touching FPS limit this time, and had the same results.

Here are all the requested files. I played for like an hour after solving the problem, so I guess a bunch of stuff was logged in afterwards, but I could go reproduce the bug then extract logs right away if that’s necessary.

Player.log (465.6 KB)
Player-prev.log (233.8 KB)
DxDiag.txt (119.6 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (491 Bytes)

Video showcasing the bug
Same video but in offline mode

Takes some time before the bug appears. First video was in online mode, second video in offline. The second video is just there to show that the bug isn’t happening at all in offline mode.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.