Rogue OP setup that needs to be nefred

There is a setup that can do around 50 aps with 100 crit and 1500 crit multi. It’s shred everething in seconds. And as much as it’s fun it’s so op. And this is possible because of one unique Eye of Reen. It grants you on crit a stacking buff wich grants 5% crit mult. So if you took channeling flurry all attack speed that you can and this unique you can get around 200 stacks of this buff. Only with one! Imagine two? Not mentioning ignite tick bonus for free. So i suggest Eye of Reen needs an internal cd to nerf such interactions. OR a bunch of new legendaries that can give other builds similar power level.

I’d be curious what your build is.

I got mine to 88% attack speed and 512% multi base (before Reen’s bonus).

Bladedancer, Level 92 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner It really looks the same. But in my variant i have much more attack speed. You really dont need anything more. All crit comes from crit vuln and ring and you really need only one point in Critical Eye, investing more just adds little quality of life. And armor shred, alot of armor shred. )

How is this in empowered monos?

Reason i am wondering is that it looks like a pure Glass Cannon and some of the higher empowered mono bosses etc are likely to one-shot this… Granted the high attack/leech is likely to keep you alive easily in everything else…

I have enjoyed fast attck speed builds wtih and without Crit (with or without Reen) and in most cases you feel like a god and its great until you hit the empowered monos / and high corruptions…

Now if your setup could ALSO include higher guaranteed damage mitigation (armour, endurance etc - not dodge) and EHP then it could very well be an OP end-game build.

Have to discover it yet. But most bosses have easily readable patterns so just dont get hit. And regular enemies will sometimes oneshot you if you stack to much damage buffs on them. Then again all of the most damaging attacks are avoidable and readable.

Lol… I’ll leave you to give that advice on other threads in the forum - be prepared for some “interesting” discussions.

Personally I agree re “dont get hit” / “readable avoidable” but you will not always be able to do that no matter how skilled you are. From my experience, your setup is not actually OP… it just hasnt hit its ceiling yet. Get another 1k+ health or Ehp and this would simply be a very good high tier build… but OP… nah…

Yea, be prepared for possible frustration in empowered for glass cannon build. One unlucky stun and you are ded. My most recent one is one fire slamming Arjani hiding behind rampant large mob just as I go up a stair. My char is not even that glass cannon.

Well i’ve unlocked empowered monos and my build already feels fine. level 93 and items nowhere near optimal, and i can reliably take hits from gold elementals, embermages even. And shredded emperor of corpses like he is just a regular elite. I beleve that in optimal gear 300+ corruption will be no problem. And i am ok with oneshots sometimes.

So what build considered to be good? I saw this topic Aschere's Caster Paladin DOT 0.8.3. 7788 EHP, 100-200K single target DPS. High Corruption and 200+ Arena. (S-Tier) is it good? Well my setup can ramp up to 1mil dps on training dummy right now and have a big room to improvement. I think it’s a little bit but op.

Personal preference. If occasional oneshots are okay with you, then that’s great. Personally, I have one too many that feels unfair. To me, OP-ness includes defensive so it means cruising empowered without death. Never played that paladin smite so no idea there.

I was told that Adrenaline Rush does not work with Channeled Flurry, as the attack speed is “locked” into Flurry as you start your channel. FYI.

It doesn’t matter if it locks or not. You just build 6 stacks and then start slashing again. And boom +30% attack speed.

I’m biased so take this with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

But yes, it works very well. You do need a good staff (preferably exalted “ignite chance” or “elemental damage over time”) for it to feel truly OP. Otherwise it’ll just be good but not OP. It’s very very tanky (I can’t stand builds that die to one-shots) with good damage and doesn’t lose much DPS if dodging mechanics (60% of dmg is passively happening from devouring orbs).

It certainly won’t hit 1mil DPS like what you are discussing here, but paladin is going to be a lot tankier especially when higher corruption mobs start hitting like a truck. Paladin just has so many good defensive layers.

Kind of depends what you’re looking for.

There have been lots of very good builds - depending on the latest patch obviously - and there have been quite a few “broken OP builds” over the last year I have played… Unlike your example, they were definitely problematic and needed to be dealt with by the devs as they worked off of OP interactions that either had no limits or could be exploited in some way… The key difference to your build is that they were both fantastically tanky & did crazy damage (1 mil+ was easy) or had secondary things like so many minions that a player did nothing or broken defences that countered ever possible damage…

Attack speed crit builds are always great and tend to rise to the top of the pile as viable builds but I can assure you, your build is no-where near the OP levels that the devs have definitely confirmed were problems in the past…

I think the key here is that your build is eventually going to have to sacrifice DPS for survivability and thereby balance out in the end-game high corruption levels… You have lots of deficiencies (no crit avoidance, not capped res, lowish health) that mean very little until you push the end-game…

Personally I would just smile, enjoy the build and see how far I could push it…

4 Likes

If that’s the case then this topic is finished. Well thank you and all the rest for answers.

We also have a few gems going on, just enjoy.
There’s still a lot to come in Last Epoch.
Up until now, only the 200,000+ Ward build was halfway immortal, right? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Make a wish.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.