[Rogue][Online] Shift glitch during movement if bound to RMB

What went wrong?

If I bind Shift to RMB, then press it while holding LMB, my character gets glitchy at the end of Shift animation and the movement doesn’t continue for a while.

Video

Short youtube clip

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a Rogue character in Online mode and level up until you get a Shift ability.
  2. Use mouse for movement, bind walking to LMB.
  3. Bind Shift to RMB.
  4. Start moving with LMB, press and hold it.
  5. Press RMB to activate Shift.
  6. Shift is activated, animation is played.
  7. Shift animation ends in a glitch.

Other observations

If I release LMB (movement) before pressing RMB (Shift), then Shift doesn’t glitch. Apparently it only happens when you click RMB while holding LMB.

Log

Uploaded to the post.
Player.log (82.7 KB)

2 Likes

For me its not only when i bind it on LMB its on whatever button i bind it to. its glitchy and buggy at the end of the animation.

1 Like

My personal observation is that it happens when you shift onto something on the ground. I was able to recreate the bug by shifting onto some void near the starting area. Here’s a gif of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/uObomzQ

1 Like

Can confirm that this doesn’t happen only when bound to RMB. I have it bound to ‘E’. Agree with Ostrosco that it seems to happen when shifting to something on the ground. More specifically, it seems to me that it glitches when shifting to different ground texture than I’m currently on.

2 Likes

Came to the forums to report this same bug: Periodically, after Shifting, the character movement gets stuck in place. The stuckness seems to end faster as soon as I release LMB. The problem seems to have maybe gone away once I added points into Momentum in the Shift specialization tree, but not sure if that’s a coincidence – haven’t tested it

Unlike the original poster, I have Shift bound to my W key.

It still happens when I Shift into wide open ground with nothing around (to address comment of another user that mentioned they thought it happens when Shifting onto something).

I am playing in Online mode…never tested in offline.

2 Likes

Bumping this to report that recently I’ve seen some improvements to this but I’m not sure about the particulars.

At least I can say that I’m getting less and less “janky stuck” situations after using Shift, but on some maps it’s still very noticeable. Perhaps it has something to do with traversing through or near non-interactive objects, like wiggly narrow corridors in some maps.

Still it sometimes happens in open areas, like recently I was fighting Rahyeh and got stuck after Shifting, and it one shot me with something because I couldn’t get out of its attack area fast enough.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.