Rogue grunting sounds

The grunting the rogue makes when she’s using abilities sounds like she’s been hurt bad. Really wish that was removed. Since she makes no sounds when she’s actually hit, it just makes it even weirder.

2 Likes

I did some testing and it appears it’s the same for the other classes (I tested rogue, sentinel, and acolyte, I don’t have others). They only make noise when they use an ability. No noise from taking damage or moving, or randomly. I agree that it is a little weird. I think it’s fine, though. I actually like the noises the Rogue makes, and I like hers better than the other 2. If you don’t like it, you can slide the audio for voices to 0.

I think there should be more variety in the dialogue / grunting noises and move the current grunt sounds to getting hit instead of using an ability. Would make it less repetitive as well.

The Rogue is the only class I disable the voices for. That weird grunt / throat clear just sounds weird.

Mine one plays almost generally without sound, the four exceptions are

a) I want to be able to perceive the gears or rpm of my virtual vehicle by hearing.

b) In a few games it seems to make sense to be able to perceive “the sneaking up of possible opponents”.

c) Music games of all kinds.

d) The game developer has forgotten or deliberately omitted to implement a suitable subtitle.

Should Last Epoch one day become more difficult, it could be that I have to rely on b) to hear enemies shooting spells or the like before I see them.

Therefore the first meant question - if someone may answer this before I turn on the sound sometime:
→ Do you hear the enemies for example before the spell flies towards you?

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.