Road to 1.0 - July 2021 Development Update

Thank you this is very forthcoming.
Despite that there are so many things I wish to see a change for a better game experience, such as RNG and crackable in crafting system, I do love the game for its uniques experience.
Wish you a great success. And please make this game more friendly to play.

Warlock soon :crossed_fingers:

12 Chapters!!! Super excited that there’s gonna be that more more of Eterra to explore and uncover :smiley:

i m currently taking a break from LE. i cant wait to come back for 1.0 as I dont like the idea of all my progress being “meaningless” as my items would be “offline only” once 1.0 hits.

that said i always follow LE and its updates. 10/10 if it werent for covid i would be able to support this game more and it deserves it!

Still no multiplayer wich mean people still can hack files to make whatever they want with the game.
Also increasing the longer and tedious campaign even more whitout saying anything about skipping it… Really??
This game is going to be dead on realise bc of PoE 2 and Diablo IV wich is bad bc the game can become a great ARPG but the direction is pretty bad.
Too much work of yours wasted… fucking sad ngl

1 Like

Thanks Judd for the update! I’m not sure if it is an accidental omission, but I think mtx and proper mtx implementation (including refining pre-release support packs pets) should be part of pre-1.0 implementation.

I understand the need to not be seen as “greedy”, but there are many of us who wants to support and who have supported the game generously, and are eager to get our hands on the cosmetic rewards. Thank you!

So many things I love about this game already. I CAN wait as long as it takes for the best which I hope this game can be. Loving the take your time to do it right approach. Keep up the awesome job!

1 Like

This sounds awesome guys! Keep up the good work. And most of all, stay transparent as much as you can, like you’ve been so far - thing that slowly killed a lot of good games.

Words of Wisdom !!! :point_left:

Sadly far too many “others” do the inverse of that on this industry…

Several games with many more resources have failed to stick the landing on multiplayer, so we’re making sure to learn everything we can from those mistakes and not to repeat them.

SWAWSin’ on old Grandpa Poe for dropping the ball these past 4 seasons lol

Please, leave the game now. It will so much better for the game without such toxic persons like you. Campaign is good and interesting, but you want stupid hack’n’slash game. Go play Hero Siege and it will be enough for you.

5 Likes

so in other words patch 0.9.0 - multiplayer is not this year?

1 Like

It’s not formally said but it’s possible, yes. I think they’re not fully sure yet.

Don’t want to be rough, but not been able to to keep previous promises seems not good to me.
Anyway multiplayer will be better with more time spent by testing it. That is what open beta is for. The argument, that devs want it to be as smooth as possible is valid for released game, but not for beta test.
The purpose of beta is to test things early and as result the increase of quality of final product.

There is way to much bloat there. This seems to push a 1.0 way way way back to a point it will not be good for the game at all. This has been going down hill a while now. A lot of things you used to do are gone and you don’t listen like you used too. It makes me sad to see where it has gone since Alpha and a lot of people I knew are gone.

Yes, but even in beta a bad test can be destructive. Even more when we consider that Last Epoch feels very well polished, far more than several released games. Some players would tend to forget that it’s in beta.
I’m not sure there were promises. The previous statement was a plan or a prediction, and plans and predictions are something that can be adjusted.
I understand your thoughts, but I still think it’s better for the game. They did not talk about a delay, so I assume it will be a rather short one, if there is one.
BTW, my birthday is March, 30th. Just sayin’ :wink:

They’ve not said anything that would imply MP is not coming this year.

They’ve not added anything to the forecast, they’ve just changed it to “coming next patch” & “coming after next patch”. The content is the same as it’s always been.

i really want you to be right. But iam afraid they cant guarantee it any more, or we would see some hints to it in the post.

That’s here.