Road to 1.0 - July 2021 Development Update

There is way to much bloat there. This seems to push a 1.0 way way way back to a point it will not be good for the game at all. This has been going down hill a while now. A lot of things you used to do are gone and you don’t listen like you used too. It makes me sad to see where it has gone since Alpha and a lot of people I knew are gone.

Yes, but even in beta a bad test can be destructive. Even more when we consider that Last Epoch feels very well polished, far more than several released games. Some players would tend to forget that it’s in beta.
I’m not sure there were promises. The previous statement was a plan or a prediction, and plans and predictions are something that can be adjusted.
I understand your thoughts, but I still think it’s better for the game. They did not talk about a delay, so I assume it will be a rather short one, if there is one.
BTW, my birthday is March, 30th. Just sayin’ :wink:

They’ve not said anything that would imply MP is not coming this year.

They’ve not added anything to the forecast, they’ve just changed it to “coming next patch” & “coming after next patch”. The content is the same as it’s always been.

i really want you to be right. But iam afraid they cant guarantee it any more, or we would see some hints to it in the post.

That’s here.

The cosmetic/MTX system will come before release. We have wireframes created, backend 80% complete, next is UI implementation and hooking up the API, UX testing, then the paintovers. I believe (currently, subject to change) that this may be implemented in just a couple patch cycles from now.

3 Likes

Voice of reason. This is my number 1 concern for any and all new games-as-service IPs after a couple releases over the last year/year and a half. As you said even large and established studios have been fumbling the ball. First impressions are always the most important.

1 Like

Is MP going to have a VPN-accessible client? There are other MMO’s that do not allow this and I prefer security over dropping my drawers to the rest of the internet. At least with the current off-line state, it does not matter since I am not connecting to the servers, and login is used for tracking purposes.

:+1:
Keep up the good work!

Dear developers, can u confirm that offline mode will be without needing to login? Thank u for your answer

This is planned since the very start and already has been re-confirmed plenty of times.

Yes it will be fully playable offline.

There are way too many posts to quote, but here is the most recent one from Trasochi, their Lead Developer:

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff, all very exciting for the future.
Please, please, do not change your approach, cave in to peer pressure, and release anything that you are not completely happy with internally.
We’ve all seen in recent games how that pans out, and it’s not good at all.
From a personal perspective, I agree with the Dev Team’s perspective; and I would rather wait until next year for MP and have a smooth polished release than have a rushed and buggy one.

The answer to that is the same as every other time you’ve asked & we/the devs have answered. nothing has changed in this regard.

Yes, the devs are intended to have a proper offline mode (no login required) so that you’d be able to play it while on your merchant seaman voyages. It may not happen at the same time as multiplayer is launched but from memory it should be before launch.

Bit of a typo there, since he wants/needs offline…

2 Likes

woops, of course i meant offline >.>

1 Like

Thank u and Llama for ypur answer in that case im really looking forward to thia release and im gonna play it for a long time to come c

I can’t find it, but i remember Mike saying in one of the dev streams, that it is very likely that true offline mode will already be available once multiplayer releases, so you might not need to wait for “release” to already use that feature.

1 Like

He said it’d be available after multiplayer is released, not necessarily in the same patch.

1 Like

I never said (i accidentally did, but corrected it in my previous post) it will happen in the exact same patch, only that there is a very good liklehood of it being avaialble before “release”

1 Like

WOW! such a long detailed information post is one of the things i love about EHG! keep the hard work! THANKS!

1 Like