Rip blood with converting to ward

Hello there,
MBJ89 here.
I want to ask Rip blood users, cause I am new to this skill.
How healing effectiveness works with that skill?
Cause I have 100% more healing effectiveness from intelligence and it doesnt affect heal from blood orbs? Is it intentional? If so, why it is in skill description when it doesnt increase health gained from orbs?
I want to make converting health to ward. Passive description says that healing effectiveness doesnt affect ward - I am ok with that. But should healing effectiveness increase health gained = 50% of it as additional ward?
Another thing - there is passive that I am slowly going to take that increases healing per point of intelligence. Anyone knows if it ll increase ward gained?
Thank you for your help🙂

So Rip Blood’s Blood Orbs do have a fixed amount of Health (10 Baseline).

The Healing effectiveness does not directly affect the ward, but indirectly.
Since you gain Ward equal to 50% of what the Blood Orb would have granted you in health.

So healing effectiveness (and therefore Int) will affect how much Ward you gain.

Everything in Rip Blood’s Tree that somehow affects how much Health a Blood Orb gives also affects how much ward you gain.

Also one more thing without spoiling too much: There is a Unique that affects how much Health the Blood Orbs grant, this would also affect the ward gained from them.

Heavy, are you sure about that?
Right now I have 10 health baseline + 16 from 4/5 points from nodes on Rip Blood tree.
So I should get 13 ward, which is correct - checked it yesterday on dummy.
I have 100% more healing effectiveness from inteligence and still I only get 13 ward from blood orbs.
I am a little confused :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It is no real healing spell, it is more like “health on hit”. The healing tag is missing.

1 Like

I just did the test and you are correct healing effectiveness does not impact the Ward gained from the blood orbs, however every other point that somewhat modifies the health granted by the skill tree does modify the ward gained.

The “Hematology” Node, that gives you 5% more health per point of int however does affect ward gained

There is no “healing” tag in Last Epoch.

Also Rip Blood does have inherent healing effectiveness scaled by int, that’s how the skill works.

This whole discussion si just about converting Rip Blood’s Blood Orb Health to Ward.

Great​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you guys!:slight_smile:

The game says it should be affected by healing effectiveness, if it’s not, that’s a bug.

1 Like

No, it does clearly state it’s not affected by healing effectivenss, on the Arcane Fortress" advanced tooltip.

That is why it is missing. :joy:

Your whole previous comment was just false, health on hit is something entirely different and not what the spell does. And you said “The healing tag is missing”, which sounded like it “should have” the healing tag, but there is no healing tag.

You should phrase your statements better :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I was referring to the base skill. :wink:

I’ll just slink off into the shadows…

That’s not what this discussion is about^^

I rather think that the basis would be something like “health on hit” and that through the int the “healing effectiveness” would increase and - admittedly - the game as a whole lacks such a tag.

Either way, if healing effectiveness does not work it is not really compatible with the increases through intelligence and as Llama already means rather a bug.

Besides, you know very well that I use a translator quite often. We can talk sometime in “pointed German”.

Healing effectiveness only does not work for the ward conversion, which the tooltip clearly stated, I thought it worked, but it was the Hematology Node that was working, not the base healing effectiveness

1 Like

I want a “healing effectivity tag”! :grin:
→ Moreover, first in this case the healing effectivity should be calculated FIRST and THEN the Ward conversion. Nudges EHG

Is now clarified.

Exactly, healing effectiveness from intelligence (when you press alt on skill = 4% per point of int) should increase health gained from orbs and then half of thia extra health comes as additional ward.
Some dev should say is it a bug or nope😃

Yeah, as I said above, I wasn’t really paying attention… The node that converts to ward clearly says that it doesn’t benefit from any healing effectiveness (though the normal blood orbs are more of a life on hit mechanic which wouldn’t normally benefit from healing effectiveness but do for Rip Blood 'cause the game says it does).

I’m not a dev, but nope to the italicised bit due to the alt-text on the ward conversion node.

This next bit is going to be difficult to get out so I might need a bit of a run up.

@heavy was … correct.

Well, to sum up.
Stack int for hematology node to increase ward👊

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.