Returning player with a few questions about the game

1. Has this game been optimized? My previous liquid cooler failed after playing this game for about a month in October, and I’m sure it was due to the constant temps this game pushed my rig to. I’m nervous to play this again.

2. Has any kind of end game been introduced yet, or is it endless mono farm and arena?

Thanks!

While the game is still not fully optimized. There have been countless of performance improvements. Some may affect you, some may not.
You really need to test it out yourself.

You should just monitor the temps, while playing.

For endgame there is Monolith Of Fate (which recieved a major update in 0.7.9) and Arena.
There are still more endgame modes planned, but we don’t know yet, when they will be implemented.

1 Like

I kinda hate that question. The game will NEVER be “optimized” as that is a moving target. The game is constantly making improvements, but the minute PC Hardware technology makes advancements, the game could be further improved for performance.

I don’t think that’s the point here. You can certainly “optimize” a game for currently existing hardware with perhaps a mid-range system as the target. While there have definitely been improvements over each patch, there are still issues which I suspect can be improved upon.

As an example, I think there is some sort of memory leak (I don’t know what to call it) that makes the game performance degrade over time; maybe it has to do with something specifically in the arena. Once I get to approx round 60, I consistently get a lot of framerate slowdowns, and this is on a very high end system. It doesn’t seem like there are that many more enemies or effects on screen, so I’m not sure what causes it. But that’s definitely something that can be looked at.

Sounds like there are some exciting optimizations coming, as recently discussed on the game’s discord:

Source: Discord Link

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.