Results from 100 Shade of Orobyss kills. (200-299 Corruption)

I started this project to determine if Omnis could be dropped below the common 300 corruption figure shared by the community. I am reluctant to calculate and publish my drop rates as I don’t want them referenced by others without sufficient context (corruption range, distance from the starting node, etc.). Nonetheless, the data and summaries can be viewed Here.

Summary
https://imgur.com/pBy38G6
Amulets were found at 258, 271, 291, and 298 corruption. Notably, the 291 kill was from a node which rewarded -7 corruption. Finding 2 amulets in my last 5 kills was definitely unexpected but I have to assume it’s just RNG.

https://imgur.com/3mW2e0I

Process and Closing Thoughts
I farmed corruption with a relatively standard Flamereave Spellblade build on the Ending the Storm timeline (no Dodge modifier). I did my best to only kill shades that rewarded 12+ corruption and frequently pathed the opposite direction if I encountered an early dead end. There was a short stint where I tried farming ±1 nodes but they were too difficult for me to reliably find.
I severely underestimated the amount of echoes needed to kill 100 shades. I completed 1,495 echoes on the timeline, 100 which were quest echoes for blessing farming and perhaps another 150 to gather out-of-the-way Exalted nodes. Looking back, I should’ve farmed Shades that rewarded 7-10 corruption in order to reduce the number of negative corruption nodes needed to maintain my desired range. I do not intend on ever farming this corruption range again nor do I recommend it. Negative corruption farming felt menial and Exalted nodes are fairly rare when you’re close to the starting area. I’d probably push different timelines to 300 in the future rather than farm a single one over and over if I was interested in recreating this exercise.

I am curious to hear your thoughts about my process and to discuss your findings during your travels. Thanks for reading.

https://imgur.com/HeotRVR

8 Likes

Great work! Amulet below 300 corruption confirmed :slight_smile:

@Heavy, remember we talked about this during your stream? You were right, somebody did it! :wink:

1 Like

Thats fucking depressing

I sped to corruption 300 doing 12-19+ shade kills, when I got to 300 I hovered around assuming that 300 was the threshold to begin finding omnis

Now I realise the main requirement to find this amulet is to simply not be me. I found the Axe about 8 times and 4 belts

Having said that ive killed Sirus A8-9 well over 100 times and never found the fucking Savior either.

thanks for the data and reinforcing that I completely wasted my time, I have a character now 319 corruption deep and I can guarantee you I could kill 20 more shades and not find this item

1 Like

I would say playing the game and chasing an item is never time being wasted.
Especially for an item that is not really build enabling (for the vast majority of cases) , but just very strong.

Also you don’t know if having higher corruption than the threshold to even drop, might increase the chances to get those items.

From my personal experience, the depth of the shade within the echo web has a big effect on how often those more rare items are dropping (axe, belt and amulet).

So just doing +/- 1 shades once you reached the threshold might not be the most optimal way.

Probably not if you’re trying to get the item, but if you’re doing testing to see whether it drops or not, it would be.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.