Restructuring MOF to time travel

Would like to see the monolith of fate modifiers to also include time travel. Example.

Right now on a timeline you are presented with 2 options each run it really doesnt matter which one you chose as they do nothing for the questline. What if instead each modifier also took you either back in time or forward in time. Each run you do takes you 500 years either forward or back and in this way you travel to the time you want to head hunt bosses and mob types and then try and stay there by going forward and back in time with your choices.

Want to challenge the dragon? Gotta keep going back in time until you reach the ancient era for a shot at him.

Don’t want to fight dinos? Keep going forward in time and fight void corrupted things instead.

Thoughts? Ideas? Add on

3 Likes

I think it’s an interesting idea to explore. I’ll also like to see more functional use of the time travelling mechanics instead of leaving it as lore/flavour.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what Boardman said, but I’m up for anything that involves turning time travel into an actual mechanic than fluff/plot. Though I assume that Eternity Caches would kinda do something like that.

Very keen on anything that takes advantage of the time travel concept in this game. There are many possibilities to add variety and other creative twists using it…

How about a MoF that requires you to defeat the same boss in different timelines and he escapes changing the future/past/present so that next time you fight the boss something is altered… e.g. if you fought him with primarily physical attacks, next time you faced him, he has most physical def…

just spitballing here… opportunities for time related quests abound…

Yeah I was just trying to tie in a relative easy solution to the current timelines that are very repetitive. It would be more meaningful if you not only chose what affix to give mobs but you were choosing to go further back or further forward in time changing what mobs you were actually facing as well.

Traveling far enough forward or backwards would even take you to an unexplored era with mobs you’ve never encountered in the game before or modifiers that you’ve never seen. And the rewards would be just.

Other things could change as well. Travel far enough forward or back and friends become foes and Foes become friends. Npc’s randomly spawn in and fight you. Some mobs randomly turn tides and fight with you. The laws and fundamental beliefs you had are no more.

Travel far enough and a legendary timeline boss will appear dropping untold loot. A boss of time itself that upon finding and killing will reset your time to 0 be/ae but leave your map competition streak going.

2 Likes

Sounds like a nightmare to implement.

Defintely a system that could be built upon each patch introducing 1 further amount of time back and 1 or 2 new mobs each oatch

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.