Response to MTX Store

Good and needed changes, but let’s not get carried away. They didn’t address the FOMO aspect or the cosmetics being online only, just to name a couple.

4 Likes

One thing I would like to see with the supporter packs is getting currency equivalent to the pack price. It was like this in Kickstarter as well as with the previous supporter packs.

1 Like

Are the supporter packs cumulative, or is it $140 to get everything pictured?

There’s some cool cosmetics there, but… not “two new AAA games” worth of cool.

5 Likes

There were a lot of concerns and critique.
And I wished they at least addressed it with some paragraph.
But what is FOMO for one person, is a positive expereince for the next.

I personally really like the idea of special/unique stuff, that nobody else can get after a certain point.
Espeically when the game lasts 10+ years, its great having some cosmetics from years ago showing them off in town or showing them to some friends:“Hey this was from back in the day”. These kind of things can evoke proud or give you nostalgic memeories, because they were from a cycle that you really loved.

At the end of the day it comes down to perspective. And they did address a lot of concerns with this post here. I guess its impossible to make everybody happy anyway.

4 Likes

Do high tier supporter pack tiers include the items from the tiers below them?

3 Likes

I like that some things are exclusive (like my Kickstarter pets!). They’ll be available for a whole cycle. I think there are levels of FOMO and this gives players plenty of time (months) to decide if it’s something they want and can afford it.

1 Like

Amazing changes all across the board - though I can’t say I’m surprised, you’ve shown time and again that you’re listening to players and ready to make big changes when needed. :slight_smile: The pricing also seems reasonable, I look forward to supporting your work through that!

2 Likes

/Rock Standing Ovation.gif\

Thanks for listening! Looking forward to supporting EHG for a long time if you continue to be this sensitive to your playerbase

2 Likes

Listening to players is great but you’re the developers and you need to calculate if these low prices are actually making sense business-wise for the game to have a future.

Customers will always demand the lowest price possible, even free, but I would rather pay a fair price and have the game thrive so you have all the funds to make the game better and expand (Gender unlock, new classes, update outdated character models, animations, more acts…) than have low-price MTX price that will bring barely any revenue and restrict the game from having proper future.

2 Likes

I was considering skipping this patch, but after this post I’ll buy a supporter pack when the store opens instead. Thank you for listening.

Edit: Is it a mistake in the post or does all the supporter packs come with the same amount of coins no matter the cost of the pack?

Am I just too used to PoE’s model?

Fomo still there, check
Cant be used offline still there, check

Also just to point out, the eternal legend pack is literally more money than a 100 ecoin portal, wings, pet, and 150 ecoins. ???

6 Likes

I would argue, that having lower prices might sell them even more overall.

I can only speak for myself, but I heard very similar sentiments in the past from simialr games (and in the MTX announcement thread from yesterday).
I am more incliend to buy multiple things if prices are decent and spending more moeny in total, rather than spending a lot of money on that one thing.

I ahte drawing comparison to PoE in a lot of cases, but in this case its a perfect example, because the prices they initially announced were very clsoe to PoE.
I can say with confidence, that I woudl ahve spend a lot more money (in total sum) in PoE, when their prices would be mroe modest.

1 Like

What is wrong with exclusive and somewhat limited items? Nothing.

A $10 Portal skin is a “low price” to you? I just want to make sure I’m looking at the same thing as you are.

3 Likes

Yes, I consider the $10 portal skin price low as I actually live in 2023 and play other games so I can easily compare it.

When will we get to see what each supporter pack includes?
Getting $15 in EP for the supporter packs on top of whatever the supporter pack includes is nice, thanks.

1 Like

Anchoring at its finest… bravo. :clap:

14 Likes

Insane. What’s the gaming-equivalent term to the Overton Window?

Let me make sure I got this right… You are asking $50 for an Eternal Legend skin that comes with enough points to buy a portal we never see, and a “back attatchment” we won’t need? The game itself costs $35, and in my opinion is barely worth $20. The graphics are horrible, there is no decent trade system or PVP, the classes are incomplete, the skill systems seem lacking… (There seems only 1 decent way to spend your points on each) You guys have like 100 people watching on Twitch, nobody seems to care or know about this game… It seems like it should be in closed alpha after how many years? All this and what you guys seem to care about is milking the few players you have, making a skill nobody uses look cooler, and setting up a ladder that basically does nothing at all. Do I have this right? How about making the game not an embarrassment to stream, fixing the trade system, and adding PVP. Then people may actually care about this shell of a game.

7 Likes