Response to MTX Store

Fixed that for you.

There is no external arbiter or objective measure of what a thing (let alone entertainment) is worth. The customer has their opinion on what a thing is worth, the manufacturer/developer/etc has their opinion on that its worth & hopefully your number is higher than theirs.

Yeah but look at Redfall for example. I would kick my own arse and beat me up if I would’ve bought that game. If the devs I mentioned make a good product they’ll get money for sure but if they deliver crappy stuff they’ll be out of funds in no time and everything will be a big waste.

Developing the game to be published in germany only in the beginning is another not so smart thing because we are somethimes harsh people who speak their minds without caring for maybe hurt feelings. I think it’s a good thing to do but I think people rather keep their money and play the game if there is nothing they can get out of their money.

Same goes for cosmetics. If they are to expensive or noone likes them then it’s bad practice. If they are the only nice things to get then it’s bad practice. If they are nice to have without making people feel they miss something as well as decently priced everything is fine.

PoE is free, why am I even posting that fool. LE is nearly $50 which can get you a lot of shit in PoE

2 Likes

I never was able to play PoE completely free because 3 standard stash tabs are a joke. I already spent more money on PoE to have a good QoL then I spent on LE. I can see why some people dislike the PoE shop or the game system in place that “forces” you to use said shop.

Do you have trouble reading? Just curious. There was just a news post about them discussing the ladder, which means they are paying attention and working on it. Try doing your research before going on the internet and typing posts that make you look stupid.

One day I hope to be as nice as you are.

1 Like

Because life is honestly much nicer if we give others the benefit of the doubt (while retaining pragmatism to act differently in the face of direct evidence).

Businesses have objectives and people serve businesses, but people are still people.

If we go around thinking Judd and co has it out for us, we might as well just quit while we’re ahead.

Assuming malicious intent leads to poorer quality of life. Ask any therapist :slight_smile:

Edit: here’s a link which is focused on productivity and positive working environments, but is pretty much true for positive relationships outside the workplace also. How Teams Can Be More Supportive With Help From Hanlon’s Razor

1 Like

I just can’t understand why some people want to be treated fairly and given then benefit of the doubt about their honesty but then don’t want to treat others with the same respect. It’s really a double-standard that I will never comprehend.

3 Likes

It’s not explicitly stated but Path of Exile is more of a free trial than a truly free 2 play game. Sure, you can play the entire game to endgame without buying stashes, but you can also beat Dark Souls with a driving wheel controller… Doesn’t mean you should or that it’s an acceptable standard.

I think PoE has been spoiled by being known as a “Free” game when it’s nearly a requirement to buy stashes, which in total cost far more than Last Epoch does.

Also $35 for Last Epoch is as close to “nearly $50” as saying it’s “nearly $20”. Do you think it’s fair for someone to claim LE is “nearly $20”? If so then whatever I guess. If not, then why exaggerate the price to “nearly $50”? It’s not super important, but wording matters and stretching the buy-in price can scare some people off lol.

Also PoE has practically hidden any and all of it’s good, cool looking cosmetic skins and gear appearance behind a cash shop. Last Epoch will allow you to look cool with unique skins without spending anything on MTX. There is a legitimate difference there, and making your toon look badass at endgame matters for a good chunk of players.

2 Likes

And businesses are just groups of people.

Also, never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence. I’m not saying EHG are incompetent, but people fuck up or decide to take the “industry standard” approach and then realise that that’s not appreciated by the community. Doesn’t mean they’re all sitting in a darkened room in smoking jackets channelling their inner Mr Burns.

He might mean Aussie dollars.

Will there be the ability to “unlock” armour and weapon skins already in game and apply them to your character like you can in Diablo 4?

“Last Epoch will allow you to look cool with unique skins without spending anything on MTX.”

Really? Like in Diablo 4? or Diablo 3’s transmog system? Where is that in game now? I’ve been trying to transmog my equipment for a while. Is that coming after the MTX or before? Or at 1.0?

1 Like

Yes, but when that’s happening we don’t know.

There is no transmog system in LE, only MTX purchases that let you look cool, if you think draping a curtain from a 1970’s heavy smokers house round your shoulder is looking cool.

I dont even think there is an ETA for a transmog system, the last i heard was they would like one, that is all.

1 Like

I was talking about the actual unique items having their own skins that look cool. Not all skins are in at the moment, but all uniques WILL have 3D art to match their 2D art before 1.0. 0.9.1 will give all unique weapons their own skins, and guess what, those skins aren’t MTX.

I never mentioned transmog, which I assume will be available in the future, just not right now. Not sure why you’re so aggressive about this, especially since Diablo 4 is a AAA priced title that also has buyable cosmetics. Seems weird to take such a stance against LE but not Blizzard, lmao.

You could always just go spend $1k on Diablo Immortals if you want a game where you can look really cool. I’m sure Blizzard would love your patronage.

1 Like

Nothing quite like a bit of aggression eh?

Just a little snarky remark that’s all. No more different from yours actually, regarding MTX :wink: Man, there is so much cognitive dissonance in this forums it’s actually very entertaining to read :smiley: I’m afraid it will go away when D4 launches…such a shame.

That is definitely the pot calling the kettle black mate…

3 Likes

Hi
Thanks for the prices in the shop
But i still don’t get the concept of the packs ?
why wouldn’t you do 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 epoch points based on the pack price ?
because actually we can look at them for rentability and not only because of the cosmetics inside itself :confused:
like, the first pack is 15$ worth of points and cosmetics cost only 5$
il the 50$ pack still 15$ of points but 35$ for cosmetics (wings especially) ?

So i would know if it’s on purpose or if it could be reworked a little bit too ?

2 Likes

How so mate? Am i not allowed an opinion unless it is a glowing reference of what they do?

1 Like