Rerolling Implicit values?

Where does PoE have “insane maths”? Just curious.

well when I say crazy, in terms of items, I mean all the crafting odds and different tiers and weights and sheer amount of information to keep track of.

I look forward to seeing how the crafting changes affect Rune of Shaping. While the current system is good for early/mid game when you get a decent item and just need a decent implicit to make it an upgrade, it’s really punishing late game when getting a really good implicit roll becomes much more important for upgrades.

1 Like

Yes definitely, I wasted 10 shaping runes on a nice pair of engraved gauntlets which dropped with 6% implicit, I would’ve been fine with 10+ as it would cap my endurance but max was 8% and it fractured before I could put another suffix. I think it’s pretty bad that it shaping has a high chance to keep it the same/make it lower.

For items with high varying/multiple implicits (eg: turquoise ring, hollow blade) I don’t pick em up unless they are a good implicit (or to shatter).

This depends on what your starting value is.

Rune Of Shaping does not take your previous value into account at all. this has upsides and downsides.

But I do think this is perfectly fine, since the main power of most items coems from affixes, not implicits and implicits should be somethign for true min-maxing IMO.

And that is a totally valid strategy.
But occasionally you still find an Item with so good explicit affixes already, that it’s worth trying to spend a few ruens fo shapings on it.

I would still like to have the ability to filter Items by Implicit values, this way I could deliberatly filter normal Items with bad implicits, but still show good magic/rare items with good affixes.

Thanks @EHG_Mike for clarifying the thought process and reasoning behind it. I am super excited for the upcoming crafting changes as late game crafting isnt optimal as once you get that desired item with a T6 / T7 roll it will fracture too fast as @McFluffin already pointed out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.