Rendering? & Switching tabs issue

I often have an issue where the game won’t render the landscape, models etc. and will only display the HUD/mini map. I can still move around the map, use skills and kill enemies but is otherwise a blacked out screen. It sometimes resolves if i exit the zone but it can be difficult to do so when you can’t see the portals. This has occurred in different maps/timelines and with different characters

Secondly; the game often force closes when i switch tabs (for music) and it appears to be more likely to occur when i try it while loading a different area. Shift + Tab cause the game to close more often than using the Windows key. The game sometimes crashes after the loading screen is finished and the zone’s SFX begin.

Reporting these issue because they are happening more frequently and i have had to restart the game quite a lot to resolve them

Could you upload your log files? Also have you tried verifying the game files in steam and deleting the graphic manager file (can’t rememberwhat it’s called off the top of my head)?

1 Like

Really need those game logs that Llama8 mentioned…

What you describe could also be performance related - i.e. if the game closes when you alt tab thats usually a sign of the game being unable to run at the settings you have chosen on your specific hardware… This is a very common thing - the game is in beta and is generally unoptimised and this translates into instability if you try to push it… A very simple way of testing this is to set the game to Very Low Quality, 1080p, 60fps framerate limited, all special features disabled or on their lowest settings. If the game works fine and stops behaving as you describe, then its pretty likely this is the issue.

Note: Normal things to do when having problems with LE - verify the game files (if you use Steam), make sure your GPU drivers are recent (2-3 months) and be sure not to run anything else while testing LE - just temporarily dont run anything - this includes things like Steam Overlay if you use it.

1 Like

Player-prev.log (80.2 KB)
Player.log (134.9 KB)

Tried verifying, all good there. Will give the graphic manager file a go if it happens again
Thanks for your help! Hopefully these are the right ones

1 Like

Hey there…

Your logs confirm that you are suffering from the performance related issues I mentioned earlier…

Its struggling to maintain d3d11 shaders, textures and memory buffers. Its even struggling to display the grass in certain scenes. These errors happen over and over depending on the map you have loaded and eventually your system runs out of memory and crashes the game.

From the info you have provided I cannot see anything other than you are using 1050 GPU but its obvious from the log that whatever settings you are using the game cannot currently handle them on your hardware… I use a 1060 and I run at very low settings for best performance and stability.

So… you simply need to be more conservative with your settings - there is currently no other solution to the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.