Remove Sets from game

But how is that unique… you can literally get that inside the skill tree.

You can get this inside wolves skill tree and inside passive beastmaster tree… even less unique

I must say, this whole discussion is now totally focused on examples of bad unique or set items. While the core question was about removing SET MECHANICS. And I’ll repeat myself: I’m totally convinced (thanks @boardman21 :slight_smile: ) that LE version of this mechanics is totally viable.

Concept is like …

• Unique items give some unique modifiers.
  • Set items give some unique modifiers INDEPENDENTLY to exact item combination. Those mods depends on the NUMBER of items.

So, perhaps this discussion should transform to a new suggestion-topic?

• List of uniques that desperately need to overhaul

? :thinking:

Right, and that is the best example. You are bolstering my point.

Snowblinds “cannot be blinded” is unique, but seems utterly useless.

Tell that to the blind marksman

Absolutely uniques are definitely boring right now i don’t use them purple rares only thing worth using right now.

Actual Unique ideas?

Skills use health in stead of mana
Shrine effects are double the time
X skill cast instantly (aka buff skills that you can add more buff faster if you skip animation)
Every 3rd summon skeleton summons a zombie bear
X summon never dies but damage is reflected on you
Gain use of Skill (skill you cannot usually use because you chose opposite class)
All magic skills use Strength stat instead
Do 600% more physical damage as long as no weapon is equipped
Revive on death once, but resistance is 50% less for 10 seconds

^ something like these would count as unique
wonder if any of you have some ideas on what other unique effect might be missing out this game

1 Like

In my opinion it should be something like idol-system - skill based. I have an example, suggestions of uniques for reworked Black Hole and Fire Shield spells (at the end of my post).

Looks like we need a dedicated “hist on uniques” thread as it seems :D. I hope it wasn’t me who distracted everyone from the topic :D.

Facebreaker Shield/Hammer Throw. lol

Example, maybe OP, Snowblind rework.
Cannot be Blinded, Slowed, Frozen, or Chilled.
All damage you deal is converted to cold.
All damaging ailments you inflict are converted to Frostbite.
Some chill chance
Some freeze chance
Cannot inflict ailments other than Chill, Freeze, and Frostbite.

Honestly i forget about idols some time maybe there should be only SETS idols instead of SETS gear.

And yes my Warcheif is boss this season lol

I want this…

2 Likes

Sets are not that good in this game anyways, so you aren’t forced to use them for anything but the most specific of builds.(even then they tend to be weak options)

Sets should at least have some big awesome effect at 3 of.

GW2 has a bow of rainbows shooting with unicorns which horselaugh every. damn. shot.
I hate that bow… and people with it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah… sounds horrible :rofl:

I certainly wouldn’t want sets removed from the game and like the way they have been implemented so far. You are not forced to use them as you are in games like D3 and they can open up some interesting builds once you have collected the full set.

Some of the older unique items are in need of updating but that is a different topic

1 Like

I would totally use that, I’m sure @Dobster would love it.

I think I would prefer these little guys tbh although anything with rainbows is fine with me.
I remember spending so long hunting for Sir William in D3 just to get the rainbow portrait :laughing:

1 Like

I would even use a not BIS set if it had some cool gimmicks, like a unique effect. I really loved the Necro set in D2 that transformed the character into a Ghul when you had all pieces equipped. The Immortal King Set hat a golden glow I think.

I’m really keen for such style things. Fashion is my main meta game in games like that. The transmog system of Wolcen is the best I ever saw. But other games had cool things, too. The Devision, Anthem, Warframe,… I spent a lot of time just shaping the appearance of my toon.

But I’m not a fan of stupidly ridiculous things. If it’s a game that revolves around a humouristic theme, that’s ok. But having a serious setting like LE has, that funny stuff destroys the immersion for me.

3 Likes

I love changing the way characters look too. D3’s Transmog system was also really good for getting the style you wanted. The Battle mage in Sacred has some lovely looking sets that transformed the appearance of the character. Something similar in LE would be great and these ‘looks’ could only be obtained from wearing the set items.

1 Like

set items or not is a question of balancing
at the end, you should perform with every gearing option within the same tier
the basic game experience should be:

• find a unique or set item and say: ‘Wow! I want to try to level and build a char around this item/set! I’s so awesome!’
    PoE is more like a economic simulation, uiniques aren’t exciting

so sets like D3 are a bad idea, but if they offer a new playstyle they are great

I don’t like the idea to go to the www and search a meta and then i’m forced to grind the required items. I want to develope my chars and play around with mechanics.

1 Like