Remove account name above character

+1 and upvoted.

Strange decision indeed

1 Like

+1

show character name (not account name) and have the option to toggle it on/off.

1 Like

Please please please have our character name above our head instead of account name, or make it a toggle setting. I agree that the immersion is affected without it.

1 Like

I am OK with the name above my character but having the option to change it or also an option to use Character name vs Account name would be neat.

1 Like

Showing Account Name is a security violation. FYI.

please allow fully removing this

If this was implemented, please retain the green health bar XD

you have no other problems, right? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, please. This is something that drove me crazy about Diablo III. It’s so dumb having my account name showing anywhere in the game, except for the login screen. I want to see the character name I created, in-game.

Why? It’s not an RPG where you’re role playing as a particular character, it’s an action RPG where you kill mobs for loot. It’s useful for other players to know who they’re playing with rather than obfuscating it behind the character name.

1. It’s distracting
  2. It’s a security risk

Also, +1 if you hadn’t guessed.

Because I know my name?
Duh?

RPG, CRPG, ARPG, JRPG, [insert-random-letter]RPG, it is irrelevant.
No other RPG-ish game, ever, in any category, has forced players to permanently stare at their own account name.
And I haven’t read anything yet since it came out giving a shred of an explanation as to why such an incredibly weird decision was taken. Not by a dev, not by a player. I cannot think of any reason, even a super far-fetched one.
I would add, first time it happens since I know EHG, usually they are excellent at giving their reasons. But so far (it’s been one month) complete silence on this issue. Until explained otherwise: it doesn’t make sense at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.