Regarding the Recent Gold Exploit

This can’t be understated. They can’t keep letting the economy break and leaving all of that exploited gold in the economy. That was the main reason why I didn’t play legacy this season, as I was soooo far behind in gold.

1 Like

Maybe early in the weekend, but as it goes along prices inflate above what they normally would. We already saw it happen in the launch.

join the CoF :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Outstanding! Great response, both in time and posting the notice here.

you realize that every launch has had the economy destroyed by a gold dupe right? This inflation is not normal. Red rings are not 1b by day 6

3 Likes

Aaaaand the game is dead again. Cool cool. Really had hopes for this cycle.

When will you learn that unless you completely remove the influx of gold aka doing a rollback asap the game is cooked? Every single minute you wait with a rollback you just make it worse as players that are not aware of the dupe invest more time and are getting burned by a rollback.

See you… never again, I guess.

5 Likes

Better late than never, but economy is already broken beyond repair. I hope that you at least issue permanent hardware bans to people buying and selling, RMT has become cancer of games like this.

1 Like

hi EHG,
Is there any way we can get one time experience transfer from MG to COF? Items can be locked behind MG if you actually switch to COF, but losing all progress of grinding due to this gold exploit is a bit disappointing.
Still if not possible, appreciate your game and work!

2 Likes

To late i already uninstall.
How they say in your country,
“fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”

I’m certain no one test MG functionality (and how to abuse it ) properly in CT cause your CT ppl are mostly COF enjoyers and don’t care on MG.

1 Like

Overall, not bad. Almost a week.

Sure.

1 Like

Give one time swap to MG players everything is ruined market is not going back to normal, golds from exploit is still ingame and u guys not punishing sellers of items for billions.

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this, EHG.

For future reference, if something of this magnitude occurs again… what is the current best method to communicate and report? thanks!

the damage is already done the prices of bazaar are still 3 to 5 times higher on all the good exalted items/idols/good uniques so there is nothing to celebrate i sold my rings for 40 milion each they are now still 150-200 milion now yeah im not gonna continue to play MG faction i grinded my ass every day i just had gotten rank 11 and then this gold dupe happens no point playing anymore

2 Likes

If they roll back they’ll also lose players.
In fact, right now, if they don’t do anything the people that are moving up in CoF and didn’t have anything to sell and are having a hard time because prices are up will be upset.
If you do a rollback everyone that has legit items in MG, plus everyone that is in CoF is upset.

This might simply be another situation where EHG has to bite the bullet and endure it. Some players will leave no matter what they do. So stability (meaning doing nothing) might be the least worst option.

2 Likes

what about giving MG players one time swap without any condition? ill take that as MG player. i dont wanna progress again from 0

1 Like

Thing is the dupe was reported on EGH forums like 17h ago(tread was made about the Chinese dupe ). On redit you have the full details how the dupe happen(again LA dungeon) and EGH response was 2h ago. What u say about that?

2 Likes

You mean during US sunday night? When the devs are asleep?
They got to work monday morning, saw it and started working on a fix.
Where you expecting them to become aware of it in their dreams?

6 Likes

Not all EGH devs are in US sale this story to other ppl.

1 Like

The lead team is and I’d assume only they would have the knowledge or the power of decision for something like disabling 1 to 1 trade.

4 Likes