Refund please

I bought this game years ago - hardly played it as wanted to wait for release as it seemed highly promising.

you have now wasted many hours of my time since weds - the cost of delay curve now means other games are releasing and i cannot justify continuing this and so want no further investment. More, as what i bought was released in a defective state it is utterly useless to me.

essentially the game doesn’t work online - which is what matters as i want to play with my son.

We are now going to play something else as this inability of yours to get the game working within 4 days of launch has really distressed him and stressed me out as a result. I am replacing that via buying sons of the forest.

I cannot get a steam refund because the purchases are 1) a gift to my son (tat i can likely get refunded) 2) complimentary as my account was migrated.

its the second i want a refund for.
The time I have spent far exceeds the value of the game - so i am cutting my losses.

sadface
trust you to do the right thing

+1
Have same question: how i can get refund?

I also purchased early on and shelved the game for 1.0. It was enjoyable until the account update came about and I could no longer play the game in a true offline mode. The online-only cosmetics are annoying enough, but having to be online for a single-player experience is very sketchy in this age of data breaches.

With all that said we’re not going to get any remedy, refund or otherwise. All we can do is change our buying habits and spread the word regarding the exploitative practices of companies like Eleventh Hour Gaming.

For my part I’ve made three changes, 1.) I don’t purchase early access anymore. I’ve had too many games change completely into something unenjoyable. 2.) I don’t buy games that are being constantly updated. I’m simply tired of having games updated in ways that take away my enjoyment (i.e. multiplayer-focused nerfs, updated terms that add security features that punish paying customers, etc.) 3.) I scour Steam product pages for EULA and DRM. These corporations are sneaky and try to hide things in the EULA because most won’t so much as skim them.