Refine Log File Messages

When going through the log files, a lot of the time, I’m reading things and I’m not sure whether they’re legitimate developer errors or just debug messages that aren’t quite implemented right. Also, it might be good to get a timestamp when a log entry is made. Serilogger is nice if available.

Anyway, I see messages like this and I’m not sure if they’re real or not.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

I’m wondering if it’s actually looking for the file which I 100% sure know doesn’t exist so I’m assuming it’s just a bad message.

Then there are messages like this: The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘SceneLoader’) is missing!
(Filename: Line: 334)

and

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘GRAPHICSSETUP’) is missing!
(Filename: Line: 334)

where I don’t if that’s a genuine error or not possibly caused by unloading “unused assets” as it mentions with entries like

Unloading 12 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 11)
UnloadTime: 189.883400 ms

It would just be nice to know immediately which entries are real and which ones are false alarms as well as noting in the log file when we see certain actions taken when the game starts to stutter.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.