Reddit karma threshold is annoying and a bad idea

was more in the lines of devs and moderators having a problem with that

I doubt that since the menu has specific option to switch accounts (the mobile app at least).

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep an official sub-reddit instead of just let fans create and run one? Is that something you did before you had this forum?

I’ve visited and participated in a lot of subs there so my karma is good (25K+) but when a game I play has a good, friendly and well run forum like this one, I never bother with its reddit.

For D3 I actually prefer reddit because I find the Blizz forums way too whiny for my taste but that’s rare for me. If a game has an official forum I go there first and not reddit.

If you’re familiar with Path of Exile, I expect we’ll end up charting the same course GGG did. When you look at r/PathOfExile’s sidebar you see both the current moderators as well as the person that had created the subreddit originally back in 2011.

A former member of EHG staff created r/LastEpoch in June 2017. For context, our Kickstarter campaign began in April 2018, and people only began working on Last Epoch full-time after it had concluded. The community was a small fraction of what it is today back then, just as the community after 1.0 will be an order of magnitude larger than what it is today.

A relatively small subset of Redditors have the time, inclination, and temperment for moderation and typically there’s an interest in having a subreddit for quite a long time before there’s enough trustworthy people with the amount of time required to moderate it effectively.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.