Recommended Builds for playing on the Steam Deck?

Hi guys! Are there any builds you would recommend for playing on the Steam Deck? I thought maybe a minion-build or something like Righteous Fire for Path of Exile? :thinking:
Thx!

If you want to play a Righteous Fire build ala POE try Judgement Paladin.

Judgement Aura Paladin Guide - Last Epoch Maxroll.gg

not sure why any particular build would play better on a Steam Deck? I would think you can create any build you want. I’ve only tried a necro and sorc so can’t really say much but both are fun.

It’s mainly two things:

• how many APMs and precise clicking you have to do
  • how resource heavy (in terms of hardware) is the build. I’ll guess if you have plenty of effects onscreen, the Deck is too weak or at least the battery goes down too quickly on it.

So regarding the precision I guess a Minion-Build would be optimal and for the effects as mentioned something like RF in PoE or WW-Barb in D3… :wink:

1 Like

I have 2k plus hours, most of which have been on a steam deck and honestly, most builds work fine on controller. Like has been said by other posters, builds with lots of effects on the screen will sometimes cause your steam deck to overheat and/or freeze. On the non-oled anyway. Not sure if it would run better on oled or not.

Also, builds where the spammable requires a target arent so great on deck either, as you can wind up targeting terrain by mistake. Builds like smite spam w/ healing hands for example.

Builds with primalist ability eterras blessing can be hit or miss too when trying to heal your pet.

Thats just what ive thought of so far. Ill edit if i think of anything else.

1 Like

I also used to play with the steam deck, and the sorcerer fireball with the auto-aim it’s pretty functional with no probem with a controller, and outside the normal lag and freeze that in general provide this game even with some top pc setting run fine